Proud RC Dad moment ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edough13

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
So first thing this morning my 7yr old daughter Arabelle asks is "Dad can I drive my RC?" I said yes you bet ya miss Bugz! Minute later "Dad do we have a jump for it?" I said grab a piece of wood from by the fireplace and send it girl! So she proceeds to send her 1/16 scale MT flying off the "jump" and then says "I wonder how my RC would do off your big ramp Dad?" ??
IMG_20210131_084047960.jpg

Stayed in cause we got about a foot of snow and I'm not fond on rusty parts. also pretty sure her 1/16 MT isn't water proof. Ya it's fun bashing in the snow but all the cleanup after and then still having parts rust drives me nuts. I've got to get a Dusty motors cover and think someone recommended a silicone spray to repel the water before I try again in all the snow.

Stayed in cause we got about a foot of snow and I'm not fond on rusty parts. also pretty sure her 1/16 MT isn't water proof. Ya it's fun bashing in the snow but all the cleanup after and then still having parts rust drives me nuts. I've got to get a Dusty motors cover and think someone recommended a silicone spray to repel the water before I try again in all the snow.
You sound like my other half about the rust. Me, i dont mind it. My way of thinking is, at least it doesn't just sit on a shelf. That is my biggest RC pet peeve, is spend all that money just to set them on a shelf. Waxing them makes no sense either, but i dont even wax my daily driver.

Ya it's just not worth it to me, and trust me my rigs sit on the shelf only when they are broke, it's pouring rain or there's a foot+ of snow. I run my rigs every minute I can when I'm able to, no sense in having a shelf queen, might as well print a picture and put it on the wall and save money if that's the case.

You mentioned not liking rusty parts. To prevent this, WD-40 is the ticket after bashing in the snow. It is literally made to displace water and prevent the rust. The WD actually stands for Water Displacement and the 40 is the number of the original formula. After that, do your normal after run maintenance.

Back