prophet plus and venom 3000 nimh

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johncarlosbe

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
OK I'm new to all of this. when i put the battery on the charger i looked at the manual and it said to use 4 amp so i did just that when i hear the first beep i go and take a look the dame battery is smoking and freckin hot. now i have to go and but a new one. so what charging rate do i use?

lol you should ask your hobby dealer.Once my engine wasn't running proply and i damaged it.so thats why you should ask the pros =p:D

yea i found that out the hard way! so 2 amps is fine and how about 1 amp?

1 amp is better, it will just take about twice as long to charge as 2 amps......

well thanks i will be getting a new one and i will charge it at 2 amps i hope it works.

I always go by the general rule of thumb. 100mah - .1 amps so 1000MAH would be 1 amp so your 3000mah battery should be safe at 3 amps. But they are right 1amp is better. It will just take way longer.

Last edited:
The prophet plus charger only charges at one, two, and four amps......

alpinehyperlite do you use the same charger if so what amp do you use?

I got 3 of em. lol..... for my 5000mah batteries, i charge at 4 amps, all lower than that i charge at 2 amps.

okay thanks i will try that.

just an update i bought a new battery and charged it at 2 amps things are fine now
thanks every one for helping me.

not a problem. thats y we are here.

Back