Proline Road Rage tires?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vwdave

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Anyone use these on their Revo's? Any good? Thinking of buying a set for running in the streets. Asphalt is eating my offroad tires.

Good road tire for average speeds. I recommend you purchase wheels/tires/foams separately and tape the tires before mounting.

Tape the tires?

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk HD

I run 40 series road rage for carpark shenanigans.

Don't tape them, but do ditch the foams they come with & get some hard foams - the hard foam reduces ballooning a lot.

They last a long time & grip well on tarmack/concrete.

Where can you buy harder foam? LHS doesn't carry foam, didn't see any when looking thru tires, and can't seem to find it online.

Proline sell them, you can get them from Amain.

Saw them on proline's site but not sure which will fit the 3.8's

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk HD

I ran the old 3.2 sized ones, but I taped the foams, not the tires. Whenever I taped tires, the tape would come loose then get out of balance. By taping the outside surface of the foam, your at least helping with ballooning to keep the foam from expanding. I do this whenever I'm mounting new tires on my MT's or baja. Seems to work pretty good and have never had the tape let go/get out of balance on me.

I ran a set on teh front of a sport max for a loooooong time and I still have them on a shelf with decent tread left. Granted, I spent about 50% of my time in the grass, but the other 50% was in a concrete skatepark.

I love them. I never really have a problem with them ballooning. The're awesome on asphalt, but dont plan on using them anywhere esle.