Proline racing paint

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew123

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
How many coats of proline racing paint do I use on a rc car body

I'm.oretty sure ProLine Is liquid paint? If so you would need an airbrush.
I use duratrax rattle can paint. I'm usually 2 to 3 coats for 1/10 buggy/truck/short course bodies.
What I normally.do, do how ever coats you need until it's actually not see through anymore. I usually back my bodies with either black or white but I ran out of backer so I'm just painting it and leaving it.
Here is my LFR body I just did for my B74.1. Duratrax rattle can paint, quick job.

PXL_20231105_220020154.jpg

PXL_20231105_225534837.jpg

PXL_20231105_212036406.jpg

One tip when spraying along a paint mask - do a few VERY light coats around the edge of the mask, letting the paint dry, or hitting with a hair dryer between coats. If using an airbrush, don't pull the trigger all the way back, so only a fine mist of paint is applied. Some airbrushes have adjustable stops just for this...
Screenshot_20231120-052153_Chrome.jpg

In that video, he went way too heavy around the tape edge. What you are trying to do is seal the masked edge to prevent paint bleed. Doing this then inspecting the masked edge on the outside of the body will show any bleeds before you get too heavy, allowing you to fix these spots before too much paint gets under your mask. This makes bleeds much easier to fix after removing the mask. This is the trick to having no bleeds in your masks. You can see he has bleeds around the front of the truck.

Also, no idea what he thought he was accomplishing by pulling the needle back, but pulling the trigger back does the exact same thing. That was a pretty pointless tip lol. But otherwise, great video.

Back