proline moab tires & velocity 6 (40series) rims

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxxbasher

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
b4 i give my LHS the go ahead to order these for me do u guys think I'm gonna loose my wheelie power with this sized tire???? apparently they are an inch taller and an inch wider then the stockers!!! I'm running a 3.3 maxx (4908).....rite now it will do wheelies on a hair trigger and hold it rite into 2nd gear

Last edited:
all i now about them is that they are sick but i dont know how heavy they are cause them may be very heavy like the big joes but i want to know also so i can get them for my revo!! haha

I used this setup on my losi pulling rig. They are BADASS...... but they are heavy.

ok well loosing wheelie power is completely outta the question!!!.....is there a gear setup that will bring back my wheelies?I'm already running a 58 tooth spur and whatever comes stock for a clutchbell on the 4908 model.... or should i look for a different tire & rim combo? and do any of you guys have any suggestions? a wider tire over stock is a must but as for diameter i dont really care.......rite now I'm running kyosho tires and rims standing the same size as the stockers but adding about 2inches to the width of my maxx and i love the way it handles,but i bought them used and the tread is wore pretty bad and the rims are all beat up and kinda ugly!!!!

Last edited:
k I've been up allnite trying to figure out what to do about tires??? what about big joes? they arent as tall as the moabs but i lil wider,same rims.....do u think i'd get wheelie power outta this set-up?????

Drop in a picco .26 red dot, and moabs and you should be good to go.

Drop in a picco .26 red dot, and moabs and you should be good to go.

yeah i hear ya bud.....the picco would be nice but its not in the budget until after the new year.......tires,rims,new body,integy skids,humppack,and charger is gonna be it for this year......i figure that will put me up to almost $1000 including the price of the maxx that i only bought a month ago.......and thats not including the price of fuel and glow plugs!!!

Any heavier tire will adversely effect handling. We have a bunch of different wheel, tire combos but all of our Maxx's have the stock 6.3's on them. Because they work best for the general use our trucks see. A bit of everything. Gearing down will help, but you'll choke the 3.3's power with anything heavier than stock.

yeah i keep hearing that I'm gonna loose power,i dont really want that!! i do however know that i dont wanna go back to the stock 6.3's mine lasted me about 2 tanks of fuel past break in,i was doing a wheelie on pavement and the maxx hit 2nd gear on 2 wheel and the tires grew to about 4x there normal size and one of the back ones exploded.....was kinda cool to watch but....there has to be a tougher tire than that!?!?

I think it's a hit or miss with the stockers on how well they hold up. My buddies E Maxx has the Mamba Monster and 2, 5250 11.1 volt dynamites. He's been running the stock tires for six months. And believe me, that set up spins and balloons tires way harder than a nitro Maxx. Check out some Losi tires/wheels. The tires are ribbed to cut down on ballooning.

k its settled,I'm going with big joes and velocity 6 rims.......after talking to proline customer service and my LHS i think I'm going to be alrite with that setup(finger crossed) if not ill be changing my gears to bring my wheelies back.......picco red dot for xmas or early in the new year anyway.......i think the picco should be able to wheelie those big rims and tires?!?!?

all you need to do is gear it down a bit. Smaller CB will do the trick. when you go to a larger tire you essentially gear up, you lose acceleratio but gain top speed. If you install a smaller clutch you can reverse the general affects of the larger tire. The major difference is that youe setup will put more strain on your drivetrain but I don't think you'll have durability issues with the engine you're running.

I put mashers on with the beadlock wheels and my truck will just wheelie but I have to really get on it. I am still running the stock spur and cb... I get the feeling these wheels are really heavy but they are stronger...
I destroyed 3 of my stock 6.3 wheels in half a gallon so now they serve as a work stand. I also just tore the rear center shaft and diff out of the truck... most likely from bashing with the bigger wheels, but these tires will get over anything and I think they'll be great in the snow.

I have proline moabs with a different set of rims and the picco .26 redot and the moabs are too hard of a tire to get any traction and are alot heavier. My opinion is its kinda of a waste of money if you want traction unless there is something i dont have right