Project Done, .21 in rc10

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitroftw

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Heres the pics

Huge thanks to .21Rc10GT for all the help and the awesome engine mount.

Man, that thing looks sweet!!!!! I'm sure you will find it to be a blast to drive, as i did. Only thing i can say is if you are gonna be running in the dirt, get some paddles :devious:

Did everything fit together nice? I hope the mount works out for ya good. Be sure to mesh the spur gear good, or you will eat em fast. I am on the 3rd gallon on my plastic spur.

When you gonna break 'er in?!

Doing break in now, just checking forums while it cools, and ya it fit together perfect.

Stock spur gear and can't remember what clutch bell gearing is :hammer:

Actually, I'm thinking the clutch bell is a 20T

Yar, just realized I still had my rc10 shock on there with the t-maxx one in the pics.

Last edited:
You finish break in yet? Did you get to drive?!!? :devious:

Sweet! I thought my Ofna looked big on my RC10... Don't try to jump it too much, it'll list to the right :)

It looks like it all fit together great, exhaust looks like it might fit exactly behind that tire. Hope you like you new baby!!

.21Rc10GT said:
You finish break in yet? Did you get to drive?!!? :devious:

Yip, drove it for 2 tanks today. Even when its still running rich, it hauls. Can't really pull a wheelie tho, all it does is spin when I get on the gas, at least on pavement, when its in grass it will pull the front wheels up easily. It pulls the fronts up even when i blip the throttle in grass. Taking it to the local track tomorrow just to see if it flies like a brick.

Had to hack the body all to hell to get it to fit tho.

Last edited:
That is a lot of power to cram in the little guy, but I am sure it's gonna roar now. I see you still have the stock RC10GT tank on there, how long does that allow you to run? (on one tank I mean)

when i had my hyper 8 port, i got about 10 minutes of run time.

What kind of tires are you using? the ones in the pics? I would suggest dirt hawgs for pavement... The diff may be loose if it isnt wheelieing on the pavement... I JB welded my diff together so it is now locked! Lemme know how it goes on the track!

Thats exactly what I was gonna sk lol. Those tires need to have some great traction

I'm getting around 15 min run times on the tank. Just the regular old gladiators, can already see them wearing pretty fast. The diff is pretty tight, it was slipping when I first started trying to tune the hyper.

I just bought a new tranny build kit, cause the diff cups were sliding in place... I so did not know you could JB weld that sucker without having problems from it.

The diff is the weakest link in this design... So, i locked it up... i guess we will see how it works... I had the damned thing loosening up within 30 minutes of running, just because of the brute power...

Run your collari rc10 yet?

Didn't make it to the track, but I did go to a local park. On the dirt/loose gravel its realllllllllly hard to control. Dosen't jump too bad, didn't really notice a difference.

No, i havent run my GT yet... i got the header, now just dont have an exhaust gasket... the problems for me will never end.. :shrug:

I did the JB diff conversion. After i kept blowing dogbones because of the added resistance while turning. it had a o.s. .15 with a rustler stinger pipe. 65t spur and a 23t t-maxx CB made that sucker fly on top end 40-50.