Project Basher-Maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrostoned

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Project Basher-Maxx is taking a slightly custom T-Maxx and Turning it into my personal basher. Well the project is currently at the disassembled & cleaning stage. The T Maxx already had rpm true trac and rpm shock towers.Hitec 645mg steering servo. I will have a list of what I plan on doing because my plans are always changing.

Jimi;)

Today I got the engine put together. The engine is a Traxxas 3.3 with Nova Head. I also baught a proline gas tank. I am still plannin the rest of the truck. I have an overall plan but it is still being tweaked.

I know, I know its the lack of sd card reader for my computer. I hope to have pictures by the weekend.

Heres the chassis, engine,and fuel tank. This is as far as I am. Waiting on cvd drive/axle shafts to come in.

Attachments

• maxx.jpg
    maxx.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 141
Heres the chassis, engine,and fuel tank. This is as far as I am. Waiting on cvd drive/axle shafts to come in.

Looks good so far !Now fix the damn computer!If you got a cord for your camera or phone you can use usb port.:p:

I have started the putting the beast back together as far as I can. Waiting on parts yet. should have pic's in a little bit. I baught rpm front shock tower and the truck already has the rear rpm tower. I think I will run the plastic bukheads for cheapness, ready supply, and it wont bend. I'm trying to fabricate a wing mount with laying around t maxx parts any one know how to make one with an A arm or something?

Just found that my rpm true trac bearings are junk. No one on the sway bar? The swaybars on my jato made a difference and my utra comp.

Last edited:
After awhile of looking at the chassis, I found a way to center the mass a little more by moving the radio and box to the location of the fueltank, and the fuel tank to the location of the radio. I will have pictures soon and a lot of them!

Those swaybars build your own some ball links and some metal rod easy enough! Anybody can by parts off the shelf real hobbyist build there own.:D

Today just pissed me off! I just get done putting the new clutch on the the engine fell and broke the header!!! I'm so mad! :angry::angry::angry:

The linkage that holds the pipe I didnt like so I made one from a cut up hanger and its a little longer to old the pipe away from the fuel tank. Everytime I try to upload photos it says "m/o malfunction" what does that mean?

Update

Project Basher-Maxx Is almost ready for pictures. The chassis is all assembled except for the engine. Heres some odds and ends I have done :

Modified airfilter for better flow
Added pre filter
chopped up the chassis
Some holes in the chassis (swiss cheesed it :D)
Moved the radio box to the location of the fuel tank and vice versa
fabricated exhaust hanger
30,000 wtg ofna diff oil front and back
Hot Racing 3 shoe clutch
New diff bearings all around
new axle bearing all around

I am working on making a swaybar for the Basher-Maxx but you all know how odd the angles and mounting posisions have to be because of the control arms.

Things that I still need:

Header
Wheels
17mm hexes
front rpm arms
steel drive/axle shafts
shocks

If any one would like to share any ideas feel free!
I will have more updates soon along with nice pictures.

Heres the scoop, I went to the lhs and got a header, body, paint, dubro fuel line, and ordered Mip drive shafts and traxxas bb shocks. waiting on axle shafts for now.

Its actually a chassis I made with the help of a friend at the machine shop it is 4mm thick aluminum It was modeled after stock chassis but everything is mounted 5mm forward. Then the friend had it anodized looked ok but seemed to wear faster than stock ano but thats just for looks.

I got an HPI HellFire body. It is looking 100% RAD. Keeping it for a surprise with the long overdue pictures. Also I am sorry for the lack of pictures I know thats the whole point of build threads.

I KNOW :nopics: I have a fuji film 12mp, every time I plug it into the computer through usb the computer says "m/o error" Dont be worried I have maney pics through out the build, I just need to find a way to get them on here.:\

UPDATE

The basher maxx is just waiting on a couple parts.
Waiting on:
Rpm front arms
bearings
cvd's
center skid

Update

Yesterday I set up the 3.3 on a stand I made and started it. Ohhh I for got how cool this engine sounds with my pipe combo. It idled perfect. I am still waiting on the hobby shop for some parts. As for pictuers. I am having a friend oh mine try to upload them to my computer.