Proboat zeros gas 48

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ollie 76

RC Newbie
Reaction score
As soon as I put the canopy on this boat it stalls. I can run it without the canopy for half hour but as soon as I put the canopy on it runs for 4 seconds then stalls. I’ve heard of some pro ppl adding breathing holes just didn’t hear end results. Any thoughts?

it requires air to run sorry I'm not a nitro guy. id add air holes only if no water can get it even if you capsize it.

As soon as I put the canopy on this boat it stalls. I can run it without the canopy for half hour but as soon as I put the canopy on it runs for 4 seconds then stalls. I’ve heard of some pro ppl adding breathing holes just didn’t hear end results. Any thoughts?

You can put breather holes an put a type of screen over the hole for water splash ,but submerged ,water
will still get in ,however ,water will not destroy a gas engine as long as you dont let the water just sit
in the engine ,you dry it out an refire it up afterwards an the heat of the engine will evaporate the moister
an any water that may be left inside! Always make sure that you have a chunk of styrofoam inside your
hull in case the boat takes on water ,the foam will help keep it from sinking in case it does capsize!..:thumbs-up:

Thank you for the info that’s great. Yesterday I ran it without the hull and long story short I went for a swim. Thanks again

You could put frogskin on the vents which is a hydrophobic material. Would keep most of the splash out, except that an engine running inside uses the air, so in a sense it would possibly vacuum water inside. The frogskin material will be much better than any other screen or nothing at all.

The other thought I had was screen from a vehicle fuel pump, located in the tank. The pump will suck gasoline through the screen but the water tends to stay out.

Back