problems with integy piggyback shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jschleer

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Can someone tell me why I keep getting air bubbles in my oil? I just rebuilt my MSR6's and I bleed all of the air bubbles out and assemble them. but when I put them on the truck they feel like there's no dampening. so, I take them off and apart and the oil is full of bubbles. WHY is this happening????:\

Because they are made by Integy. Pretty, but that's about it. They are also prone to breaking and you will get NO after market support from them.

I'd just stick with stock and TiNi shafts. If you must upgrade, get the hard anno'd shock bodies. Once I installed TiNi shafts, I didn't have breakage problems anymore when I had mine.

stock shocks are just perfect for Revo,If they are to soft for you change the oil in them for heavier and spring for stronger...
are you a racer or an basher or everyday runner?

They have absolutely NO integrity, so they removed a few letters to mislead you.
That should tell you everything you need to know about Integy.

you can remove the air bubble in the shocks by working the shaft up and down slowly with the cap open

you can remove the air bubble in the shocks by working the shaft up and down slowly with the cap open

Yeah, I did all of that, It worked until I put them on the truck. then they just lost all dampening force! DO YOU THINK THAT THE SHAFTS COULD BE LETTING AIR IN? THERE NOT BENT, BUT THEY DON'T HAVE THAT POLISHED SHINE LIKE WHEN THERE NEW.:\

Use the stock shocks on the revo.. i run 25 lb springs with 30 wt oils in the rear , and 22 lb springs and 25 wt oils in the front. with this setup i am perfect all around for handling and some big air as well. i have the Integy piggybacks as well cause they look cool but i took them off within one week.. theyt really suck and i know how to setup shocks pretty good. also the design is retarted. you can't even adjust the tension on the rear without removing the gas tank. also it takes away your ability to run the swaybars.. go with the stockers

I too made the mistake of buying integy shocks "what a waste of money" they will always leak. They are junk!! Like the guys said just use the stock shock and put a heavier weight oil in them and a stiffer sping on them and you should be all set. I just wanted to put my two cents in about the integy shock.

Thanks guys, I ended up buying some hard anodized shocks and and beefing them up with aluminum caps and rod ends. Now I'm trying to choose the right oil for the long travel springs and rockers. Any suggestion?

i dont know anything about shocks. BUT i do know that integy does a bad job of getting information out about there stuff and mostly they goof up part numbers. i ll never but anything from them.