Problem w/ Racers Edge .21 Conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Maxx Racer

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a Racers Edge .21 conversion and the rear drive shaft hits the chassis so that it wouldn't even turn if I totally reassembled my truck. Whats going on? I hope I can get some help here beacause that kit was 150 bucks. :flaming:

Say what?

From what I read, you say your rear driveshaft is making contact with the chassis? Is it a special .21 conversion chassis like the XTM or is it a standard chassis?
Did you contact Racer's Edge to see what they say about it?
Please provide a photo if possible.

Ya, Its a special chassis made by Racers Edge. It seems that even the stock has more clearence for the rear drive shaft than the the Racers Edge one.

i would go and grind down the chassis a little and make it work. or if u want to be on the safe side i would go and call up Racers Edge and see what they say

I have contacted Racers Edge and they sent me some pics of a metal drive shaft when in my conversion kit there is a plastic one. So now racers edge has hundreds of thes conversion kits sold to people (and kids like me who are real pissed off at them for selling me crap). I would grind down the chassy but then that would weaken the front left motor mount and with the Picco .26 I'm planning to install I doubt that thats a very good idea.

o, that sucks. i had gotten the xtm conversion kit and i love it.

bryan

Its called Holes, you can make them if you need...