Pro Boat Blackjack 24" Brushless Catamaran RTR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UpliFT-RC

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Boating
Just got done with my maintenance with my shaft and installed my new Offshore Electronics 3/16 Prop that has been balanced and sharpened! I will be posting a video of my first run when I get back from my local lake. Man, does she look #Stealthy looking!
I will be running a Spektrum smart technology 5000mAh 11.1v 3s Lipo, so I should have no problems reaching speeds of 30MPH + with the new prop and a 3s battery. Video to follow:

BJ1.jpeg

Just got back from my first mini session and at the end, my prop stopped spinning and I had to go swimming for it just now. I even tried losing up the collect and I STILL can't remove my 3/16 drive shaft off or get any rotation from my prop. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. WTF!!!
thumbnail.jpeg

Is the drive cable coupler loose? Dry firing the prop out of water caused mine to loosen and strand the boat in the water shortly after launch.

Does every thing move freely by hand ,don't understand the problem your having ,don't know if it
is froze up from it tightening up on its own ,or if it is loosened up on its own ,or you simply can not
get it apart!

Like said ,some of that stuff uses a reverse thread ,so you might be turning the nut the wrong way with out
realizing it!

Does every thing move freely by hand ,don't understand the problem your having ,don't know if it
is froze up from it tightening up on its own ,or if it is loosened up on its own ,or you simply can not
get it apart!

Like said ,some of that stuff uses a reverse thread ,so you might be turning the nut the wrong way with out
realizing it!

My shaft is stuck and I can't remove it or I can't even spin my prop on the boat! When I loosen up the collet all of the way it still will not come out. My first run I greased it up and had no problem taking it out or putting it back in for my session. Then all of a sudden in the middle of my session the prop stop spinning and I had to go do a little swimming to get it. Also, I just took my Dunaite motor off the block and seems like my shaft is stuck!

Last edited:
** UPDATE **
I was able to finally get the driveshaft out of the boat after about 2 hrs of working on it!
I greased it back up and now the prop will not rotate and now you have to use a lot of force to spin the prop.
There is either something wrong with the Motor or ESC in my opinion b/c when you turn on the transmitter and the boat I can't get the prop to spin something is work with this boat.

You can't isolate the problem with the full drive train connected. Disconnect the motor pinion and THEN see if you can turn the prop and drive shaft. At that point you'll know if there's a problem in the drive portion of the system or in the motor.
It would also help if you posted a pic of the system inside the boat.

I got the driveshaft out finally after about an hour of messing with it! Horizon Hobby sent me a pre-paid shipping label for them to look at it.
I am just glad I don't have as much trouble with my #Sonicwake36 inch #Deep V