pretty funny

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats pretty gnarly man, you can see its head fall inside the car. I wonder if that is a real commercial.

:ahh: finally a different and non boring add, but I don't think they will show this on tv.

that was ill...looked pretty real to me. I'm gonna show that to my cat to keep him in line.:constipat

man that is not a real cat, becuase the people would be going to jail and getting sued!! :x

I'm not convinced that was a computer generated cat. Check the shadows in the reflections off the roof. Watch how it struggles and goes limp when its head comes off, then it slides down the side of the car and hits the right side mirror. That kind of detail would not be necessary to produce artificailly. Plus it would probably be cheaper to kill a real cat than to animate that scene. For comparison, the pidgon ad looks a lot less real.

I highly doubt that a sunroof is designed and engineered to cleanly sever feline heads. If they were, they would definately be a hazard to young children. And unless it was a completely bloodless cat, there's no blood anywhere in the vid.

And yes, CG work is that good nowadays. Look at he race scenes in "Driven" All of the scenes were filmed at real races, and CG cars added later for the main characters and the story. I never knew the difference till I watched the extras on the DVD. And the Bush's Baked Beans commercials, dude, I was convinced that the dog could actually talk.

Just pause the video guys - a whole cat slides down - you know, a stuffed whole cat.

It is a GREAT vid though, we liked it so much at work that we hosted it on our intranet server lol

Err0r - Thanks for the Pidgeon bud! Theres a new one to add :)

There are a couple giveaways.

First, the head falls strait down, but is offset by at least 8" from where it should be. This looks like it was done so that it would be more visable and thus heighten the effect.

Second, just as the cat (headless) falls over and starts to slide down the windshield, the shadow doesn't make sense. One frame there is tons of shadow right above the tail, then almost no shadow, and no reflection of the cat in the window. Granted, in a frame or two, it does look like there is a hint of reflection, but it looks more like it was painted in. Another thing to note is when the cat starts to slide, there are 3 frame where the head (that C. mentioned) is crapped out of it's neck. Then it slides down the windshield as a whole cat. Also note the little antenna thing (nub) right in the center and just above the windshield. It looks pretty substantial, but the cat neither hangs nor is affected by it. To the cat, it just doesn't exist. Or rather since the cat doesn't really exist, it can't be affected by the hook like thing on the car (which is more than likely real).

Third, the bloody stump. Chris, there are 4 frames that show a headless cat. The, uh, frames show a plain red area encompassed by a thin white ring. I fail to see how such a wound can be so bloodless (also note there is no blood trail on the windshield) and so devoid of details. To me it looks digitally doctored.

The last thing that doesn't fit is how the cat slides off the car. It seems to me that it would take the most direct route to a lower potential energy state and head strait down the windshield then slower down the hood and land in front of the car. This IMO would have been way too gross leaving the dead cat in view. With it disappearing behind the car kind of sugar coats it. Maybe it would have been a tad too much to have the hood launch the cat towards the house at the end too. Just my opinion, but that would have been cool. Kind of like pinball.

Yeah, now if the cat would have been flipped off the hood like the pidgeon, then MAYBE, it would have made primetime lol

Or even better, just when the cat jumps on the hood, the car should serv it up volley ball style and have the hatchback spike it off screen to the left.

Then show the cat kind of wandering off in the background like it's punch drunk.

Not enough blood and guts to be real but very entertaining.

Back