Preference of the fuel nipple on the exhaust

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srusinek

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
On the pipes i had over the years that did not come with a fuel nipple installed on the pipes i've added one to them using jb weld and a fuel nipple. I feel that for the 6 or so dollars to install a nipple and the security of the air line not falling off, it's worth my time. When i went to my LHS the guy was very adament of me wasting my time in so many words. I told the guy i've been doing this for quite some time with great results and he had nothing to say. He also said that by having the fuel line go into the exhaust is the best thing to do. I know my preference but i'm just curious to find out what the community thinks. Steve.

the fuel line going fromt he pipe back to the carb acts like a fuel pump and helps give the carb a constant fuel rate.

I'm not sure i understand your interaction with the hobby shop guy. in once sentence you say he told you adding a connection is a waste of time, but then you say having the fuel line go into the exhaust is the best thing to do.

are you saying that some pipes you have had just had a hole to stick the fuel line in and you added a nipple? if that is the case, I've had pipes with both, and they both worked fine. i never thought to add a nipple to it, the fuel line stayed in just fine.

You got it beason, I believe. The discussion was about adding a nipple as opposed to just using the hole. I like both.;)

nipples and holes..... where is alpine when you need him..

Damn it. Now I'm going to have to get another keyboard. I thought this would be a safe thread to read while drinking.....

I can't help but to laugh. :)

so th general idea is we do not discriminate. we love nipples and holes equally?

The hobby shop guy said that while inserting the tube in the hole is the best way to go and that adding a fuel nipple is not necessary. I like big butts and cannot lie. Oh wait wrong site for that. LOL

Is it bad that by the time I reached the bottom of the thread I was laughing so hard I forgot the question??

I haven't had a problem either way, but I would say the nipple is easier

Use the nipple and tell your hobby shop guy to put his hose in what ever hole he likes.Who knows he may suck the fuel through?:p: