Pre-emptive guide to abandoned nitro...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man!

It's a Hobao Hyper 7 TQ Sport. I think it's the v1 of the TQ if I judged correctly by the battery box on it on videos. I think the TQ2 had a closed battery box. But that is all I could see on the YT. :)

Gotcha ,yea they made so many different types ,just didnt what it was!
But Hobao is still kicking out products ,so that is a huge +,I had just bought their
Hyper 21 engine an I love it ,that is why the Go engine through me off!..:thumbs-up::cool:

Gotcha ,yea they made so many different types ,just didnt what it was!
But Hobao is still kicking out products ,so that is a huge +,I had just bought their
Hyper 21 engine an I love it ,that is why the Go engine through me off!..:thumbs-up::cool:
Yeah initially the guy sold it as a Hyper 7. Then I was told it was a TQ. Cool. Then after more googling, I see it's the TQ sport v1. But I can still find parts, which is good! :cool:

I had a choice of a GS Storm Buggy, but I cannot find parts for it ANYWHERE! :D

Also can't find much info on the Go engine, except someone here say they were not that good, and then on another forum where people loved them.

I might run this one into the ground as it's my first nitro. LOL! :p

Yeah initially the guy sold it as a Hyper 7. Then I was told it was a TQ. Cool. Then after more googling, I see it's the TQ sport v1. But I can still find parts, which is good! :cool:

Also can't find much info on the Go engine, except someone here say they were not that good, and then on another forum where people loved them.

I bought the Hobao Hyper engine because of the good performance an reputation
of the Ofna Hyper 21 engine ,I still have 2 of the Ofna hyper engines an one I still
currently run ,they are very fast engines an the Hobao hypers are the same design ,
they produce both pull start & starter box backplate versions an they are a descent
price!..
You are going to love that buggy!..:thumbs-up::cool:

So after some cleaning and whatnot, she is looking much much better.

Some things I did:

1. Took the tank off and gave it a clean inside and out.
2. Took the exhaust and manifold off and cleaned them. Also the white rubber hose thing connecting the exhaust to the manifold.
3. Cleaned between the cooling fins on the engine.
4. Removed the battery box and tidied up the wiring. Also tested both servo's. Working! :)
5. Cleaned the fuel lines from some built up gunk. Found a genius way to do this. Well, perhaps not new to anyone else? hahaha.
6. Blew out the chassis and parts with compressed air.
7. Washed the body.

I'll be ordering a new transmitter, hump pack and nitro fuel to get this puppy going.

P.S. This is a .21 Go engine. I see it's got a N4 glow plug in. Is this ok? Googling tells me this is a HSP N4 glow plug. I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated. The guy I bought it from told me he always runs OS8 plugs. Well, not on this one. LOL!
Really nice looking buggy! Welcome to the Nitro world, you'll love it.

So being new to nitro, I didn't have anything nitro specific. LOL!

I ordered some goodies which will be arriving very soon.

New TX and RX.
20% nitro
glow starter
fuel bottle
glow plug spanner
hump pack battery.

Shees. Can't wait to get her started. :cool:

Gs storm, can u still get?

I can still get my hands on a GS Storm. Saw recently some guy selling one on a FB group. Also cheap, but I won't buy it cuz I can't find parts.
I have 6, 2 use just for parts