Post your waterproof revo picture

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evofreak

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello To all! Just goy my self a used revo. What a great truck. What my goal with this truck is to modify it for bashing in mud and snow and not worry about damaging electronics. I want to see what you did to your revo and its electronics. I want to have some idea like relocating the reciever box or balooning them. Thanks

Seal the rx box with sensor safe, high temp, copper rtv. Use some where the wires exit too. Your servos should be fine as long as they're the new, blue ones. If not, seal the seams with the rtv. Use an o-ring on the output shaft. Sand a little material off of the servo horn so it moves without binding. A bit of grease on the o-ring and rtv on the screw that holds the horn down. As for your airfilter, keep it cleaned and oiled and wait and see if anybody has made some sort of cover for it that keeps the snow away.:) Get a failsafe!

E-revo or Nitro Revo?

I used plasti-dip way back when for the servos and receiver pack. I dropped the receiver in a balloon that I zip tied and ditched the opt-drive (and reverse).

However, I have found it best to get servos that are water proof/resistant as the plasti-dip doesn't let you seal the output shaft very well. Servos that are made for it have an o-ring under the case on the output shaft that seals it much better.

I'd opt for a waterproof servo for throttle/brake, ditch reverse, revers servo and optidrive, pasti-dip the steering servos, balloon the receiver and receiver pack. Plasti-dip'ing the steering servos works better because they have the output shaft facing down. This doesn't allow water/snow to get up the shaft and to the motor or circuit board (unless it's submerged).

Here's what mine looked like until I replaced the t/b servo and ditched reverse:
2005-1209-RevoTopCasesOpen.JPG

I wanted to plastic dip my servo but couldn't find one locally so I ended up buying those traxxas water proof servo (#2075). Are they really what they advertise? Are they good?

Oh yeah I have the nitro version. 3.3 with center diff and FOC.

Back