Post Pictures of your Revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Smoking Aces, That looks very nice, Whats been upgraded on that

( Dont list everything, I dont wanna waste your time )
Just an idea of some of your major upgrades.

Never a waste of time... After all I have learned much from the contributions of everyone here.
Picco .26 w/ Nova head, tekno wing mount, tekno light weight aluminum bundle, tekno rpm bundle, Acer bearings, 20t/36t gearing, HS-5965 servos, CF hinge pins, RRP tranny gears, Vantage CF 3.3 chassis, Qoncepts brace, 250cc tank, THS pipe, 3racing alloy rockers, Nova clutch shoes, MS filter, ACNCM 23mm hubs, Helios EX-10 w/ Spektrum & telemetry, Tsais CVD's, Pro-line single steering arm & F-350 .21 body, 7075 custom mounts for receiver & battery.
I will post new pics of battery/receiver mods soon.
1/8 hybrid diffs & HA GTR shocks left to add.

Last edited:
I have the 7075 mounts almost complete (cosmetically). Without the battery hanging below and mounted farther front, I gained clearance and more weight to the front. Pics soon. Here is the clearance..
revo16-1.gif

Never a waste of time... After all I have learned much from the contributions of everyone here. . .

Thanks! I'm getting a revo in a month and 3 days, I can't wait!
So I'm trying to get an idea of the smart chassis upgrades and such.

Thanks again.

How are you going to install 1/8 diffs? I didn't think there was room.
RC-Monster sells hybrid diff cases that accomodate 1/8 buggy/truggy diffs. I bought the 13t pinion/case setups and will install my own hardened gear sets. They should easily handle .26 - larger powerplants. I'll start another thread and post pic's when I begin building the diffs. And there will be no more leaky stock diffs! :celb2:

Thanks! I'm getting a revo in a month and 3 days, I can't wait!
So I'm trying to get an idea of the smart chassis upgrades and such.

Thanks again.

The Vantage chassis is terrific. I did hesitate on the purchase in the beginning but was later convinced. The Qoncepts brace is a must-have for the chassis too. Let us know when you get your Revo. We will look forward to your progress with it!:w00t:

Last edited:
I might be getting it sooner than I planned, perhaps this weekend saturday or sunday.

I'll start another thread and post pic's when I begin building the diffs. And there will be no more leaky stock diffs! :celb2:

Please do! Make sure you post links to the things you used. I'm not sure who RC-Monster is... Or is it that one place that sells a diff set for $300? If that's the case, then heck with it. I'll just ogle yours.

Please do! Make sure you post links to the things you used. I'm not sure who RC-Monster is... Or is it that one place that sells a diff set for $300? If that's the case, then heck with it. I'll just ogle yours.
This is the link.
http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail.php?prod=rcmflmrvdf
I bought the 13t sets that are $85ea. Each comes with 13t modified pinion, case, bearings, and out drives. You can buy the sets with diffs but I want to buy mine seperately and try a few different diff brands (ofna, HB, etc)

And I finished the battery mount today.
revo21.gif

revo22.gif

Smokin that is some nice work......do you race that one....or just fo r show??

I am going to look into that battery mount.....nice touch....I will bet it sinks your CG......and makes it handle smooth.....

Nice servo horn set up as well...;)

Smokin that is some nice work......do you race that one....or just fo r show??

I am going to look into that battery mount.....nice touch....I will bet it sinks your CG......and makes it handle smooth.....

Nice servo horn set up as well...;)

I havent competed in any sanctioned races with this one yet. The .26, 250cc tank and (soon) 1/8 diffs will put me in only one class, Unlimited. But for now I will swap a .18TM on spare mount, gearing, tires, tank, and diffs when I need for racing until I finish my other race revo project.
The located battery definitely makes a difference regarding weight bias. A local Toledo Scale service center has gram scales so I will stop by and borrow 4 of them to weight the truck on all 4 corners. Ill post results when I do.
Thanks all for the support!

Where is the best place to buy tekno stuff for cheapest? I would need a servo mount and tank mount.

Where is the best place to buy tekno stuff for cheapest? I would need a servo mount and tank mount.

Personally I like to buy from Tekno direct. Their service & shipping is incredible! Not to mention that once you purchase a certain amount you receive a flat rate shipping discount and a discount on all items in general which works out about even in the long run. Tekno is simply fantastic!

Last edited:
i agree i got my stuff in a very timely fashion and they offer so much variety!!

my revo!

this is my revo, all i have hopped up on it is a fuel filter :celebrate2:
anywho! i landed my first backflip today too!!! :second_place:
0423071913mu8.jpg

smokingace can you post a picture of your revo of an aerial view that shows the entire thing?

flameninja let me show you what happens when you do... oh about 10 backflips and land wrong:
IMAG0149.jpg

And here is how you fix it:
IMAG0159.jpg

duct tape fixes everything but broken hearts

Back