port and polish .25 motor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonerific250

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just upgraded to a k5.9 motor on my savage, and I want to port and polish my old .25 motor and upgrade the carb to a 4.6. Was wondering if anyone has tried to do a port and polish on one of these motors? any ideas would be great. Thanks.

Yep, I've done it following the article that was in RCCA. If you're not comfortable ruining an engine, then don't do it. That being said, I enjoyed doing mine, and gained a good little bump on the bottom end. Remember, measure twice, cut once. :D

thanks, I should be able to handle it. I I'm going the same priciple as a 2-stroke atv motor.

I did it once a long time ago. Engine ran like a banshee (atv reference for you ;)), but wouldn't idle for crap. Pretty sure my dremmeling expertise isn't up to par enough to mess around with port grinding.

I started a flow mods thread at the site linked below about four years ago, there is ten pages of pictures and tips along with some good reading. You may have to sign up to view it but there is a lot of "good" info on modification in there, no timing changes which is where the real power is made but that is a whole other matter. The way I explain it to people is "if you can't walk to the trash can, drop your engine in and walk away, don't mess with it, as the first few will most likely end up there anyways".

http://www.savage-central.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=71618&start=0