PNG body layout for digital design?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiplashGamz

RCTalk Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
So, i'm thinking about trying to design a custom livery for my Arrma senton, now I wanna design it digitally first so I can figure out what I want, now, I would need like those texture files that 3d renderer's like blender use, it's like a flat version of the body, does anyone know where I can find this?

Are you using a 3d program to create a model to wrap a texture on?

Blender, all i need though is a png
Then you need a simple graphic design program to create the artwork (skin). Nothing too hard about that. There are free image editors out there similar to Photoshop. I used to do this back in the day. What I did was drew a grid on a blank image file. Then used that to texture the model. Then I looked where the grid intersected the body lines to draw the body on the skin. It was a bit of trial and error, but it wasn't hard at all. But after you trace out the body lines, create a new layer to draw the artwork on, using the body lines as a guide.

Last edited:
Then you need a simple graphic design program to create the artwork (skin). Nothing too hard about that. There are free image editors out there similar to Photoshop. I used to do this back in the day. What I did was drew a grid on a blank image file. Then used that to texture the model. Then I looked where the grid intersected the body lines to draw the body on the skin. It was a bit of trial and error, but it wasn't hard at all. But after you trace out the body lines, create a new layer to draw the artwork on, using the body lines as a guide.
ok I know it's been a while since I responded (sry school TwT) but this is what I'm looking for:

CRD Monster Truck 2014 Silverado Body

Credits to BeamMonsters for
CRD Monstertruck Mod
and EZ-Skins pack

Body Skin
Body Type: 2014 Chevy Silverado

Basically that, but for the arrma senton

Back