Please, help with servo cap?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin86

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So the original little cap that goes over the (traxxas) servo that is laying out fits over the new 99 micro in the (box) but it’s a little to wide. Do they sell a different one that would fit or anyone know a work around? Thanks in advance. I’d hate to return them.
image.jpg

It’s on the trx4

I am not sure what you mean by too wide. Is that your shift servo?

that makes more sense Mc but I don't seen any spline in what your calling a adapter.. if thats what it is its not going to fit unless its has the same # of splines as one you removed a universal saver has .
op move info is needed to solve you problem

The cap is the portion of the servo saver that goes over the servo spline. But the reason I am confused by him saying it is too wide is that Traxxas servo should be 25 spline and so is the Reefs servo.

I'm wondering if it's too wide because to me, it looks like the teeth are all worn away.

It is for a Traxxas micro servo, which as it turns out has a larger diameter gear on it. In between a standard servo and and micro. The Reefs servo has a standard sized micro gear on it.

Traxxas vs Reefs
683045445.jpg

Standard servo vs standard micro
20220824_110039.jpg

So the stock Traxxas servo saver will not fit the Reef's servo. Maybe a shift servo saver from Axial would work. Let me find the part number...

Nevermind, that is for a mini servo.

Last edited:
It is for a Traxxas micro servo, which as it turns out has a larger diameter gear on it. In between a standard servo and and micro. The Reefs servo has a standard sized micro gear on it.

Traxxas vs Reefs
View attachment 151133

Standard servo vs standard micro
View attachment 151134

So the stock Traxxas servo saver will not fit the Reef's servo. Maybe a shoft servo saver from Axial would work. Let me find the part number...
Stupid Traxxas, Xmaxx has the same thing, between a 1/5 and 1/10 scale spline.

Stupid Traxxas, Xmaxx has the same thing, between a 1/5 and 1/10 scale spline.
That's just dumb. Well if anyone knows of any good micro servo savers... post links. The only thing I could suggest is an NSDRC aluminum micro horn, but then there are issues with a link end to fit.

It needs a 2mm threaded hole in the servo horn for his ball end to screw into, and Greywolf said the NSDRC horn has threaded holes smaller than 2mm. So it would need drilled and tapped at minimun unless another idea can be found.

My solution would be to buy the NSDRC horn, and a drill and tap and rethread the holes in the horn to match.