Please help car not moving

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aston 123

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have had my caster Zx-1 for a while now and I did a big re-build on it a week ago I put new motor, servos, clutch shoes and springs but when I start my car the couch bell spins and the car rolls freely but when I reve that car up it does not move

where does the power transfer stop? when you rev it up does the clutchbell spin? was the flywheel nut torqued down tight enough to seat the flywheel onto the collet?

Yes the cluch bell does spin same as the dog bones AndI can push the car freely on the ground I did the nut up really tight and it is still not moving

it is being spun by the engine? or it is just able to be spun?

It is being spun by the motor and it can be spun when I roll the car foward as well

sounds like it is a disconnect in the transmission assembly, could be as simple as maybe some center grub screws backed out. when the motor is spinning the clutchbell, is it also turning the driveshafts in the center of the rig? or are the center shafts not spinning?

One side of the transmission spins but the other does not

is it a center diff? if you were to hold the spur gear, and spin the driveshaft that comes out of the front side, does it spin the rear the opposite way?

Yes it does spin the opposite way

I had never heard of only one side working an not the other with out something being seriously wrong with a diff.!

The way that your describing ,it sounds more isolated to a axle or wheel pin ,an hub issue ,like a wheel hex tightening
up on the hub!

I would take all the wheels off an check those spots first to see if it frees up with that stuff off the truck!...:cool:

Yeah I will check that. yesterday I rebuilt the transmission and it still did not work and what do you mean by wheel pin

Yeah I will check that. yesterday I rebuilt the transmission and it still did not work and what do you mean by wheel pin

I don't your ride ,but if it uses hexes & pins on the axle stud where the wheel bolts on ,an they are broke or
not there ,or in a bind ,Then your car may not move or may act funny!

I believe you have a center diff by what you are saying. If possible can you get a video of it running and revving up? Your drivetrain is unloading somewhere, need to find out where that is.

HI I will send a video in this afternoon or tomorrow

here are two videos of the car one of it running and one just rolling forward and showing what is moving

on the first one, it looks as though it is moving with its own power correct? almost sounds really rich (can also see the HSN is well past flush, which typically is quite a rich setting) so not getting high enough RPM to engage the clutch shoes, and/or the clutch shoes have really thick/strong springs on them, so not able to engage hard enough to really grab the clutchbell. you said you replaced the clutch, what clutch shoes/spring kit did you get?
side note: yours doesn't have what would be called a transmission, it has what is called in this hobby a center diff, which acts just like the front and rear differential in the car. (will allow it to "diff out" where the power is directed to either the front, back, or the spur, whichever has less of a resistance to rotation.

I know it was very rich on the LSN and also HSN but still, you could see how fast that dumbbell was spinning that was an only half throttle input what clutch shoes and springs do you recommend it is an Argus .21 3P Off-Road RTR Engine and the car size is 1/8

I am not sure what clutch shoes and springs I used as they came with the car.