Plastic container to hold rc parts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjoseph

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
Anyone know what store I can find one of those boxes with individual squares to sort screws ect?

Thanks

yup a fishing store..
every1 i know got them from there..

seen them at hadwares but not as good as the takle boxes :)

Walmart should have what your looking for.

I used to have a Plano but the plastic flex latches broke after a couple years. I now have 2 Lift n Loks. One for parts and one for paint and art supplies. I did steal the plastic bins from the old Plano and put them in the large top compartment in one of the Lift N Loks.

office depot, has plastic boxs of different sizes. they do real well. when i get get some screws i cut out the part no from the package and tape it on the lid, makes finding the screw you want easy.

Last edited:
stanley part box

I know this thread was started to find a small parts box but figured I'd chime in here because I found a general purpose box setup that is killer for RC. Stanley makes a kit that is kind of two plastic compartmentalized (was that even a real word?) covered trays that are connected and have 6 pullout drawers in between. Awesome box, not too big and the compartments are adjustable. Perfect for tools, small and larger parts. I have my savage stuff on one side and my jato on the other. In between in the pullout boxes I mostly keep stuff common to both. I got it at Home Depot for 24 bucks, I will probably be getting another one for my Revo/associated B4.

I just got an old tool box and i keep 2 little boxes with compartments for small parts, and small tools, and the big parts and tools i just stack in the tool box. I think its perfect but drawers would be nice to but i would suggest labeling them.

Walmart and Lowe's both carry the Plano stuff. It's pretty rugged. I bought a Plano bag with 4 cases inside of it for toting my parts around. It was like $25.

I use a Plano tackle box that holds 4 of their boxes.

I believe it's this one, but mine is green.
http://www.amazon.com/Plano-3650-Si...FKTE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1296076773&sr=8-2

I really like it because I can store my universal support stuff such as tools in the top and use the 4 Prolatch boxes for specific car support parts. I have one or 2 boxes for each RC I run and label them with the RC name. When I go out to run I simply grab the boxes with the RC name I am running and put them in the bottom and off I go. System has not failed me yet.

The only RC I don't do this with is the Baja's which have a dedicated rolling Stanley tool box for parts and tools.

I use one of the bigger Plano boxes for all of my Micro RCs. It holds all 4 of my micros, their spare parts (in the little plastic boxes with the dividers), the charger, the necessary tools and the KO transmitter for them.

I've been using the same Plano tackle box I've had since the late 80's. It's a pain in the ass with it's flop-out top, nothing worth while fits, there's still parts from a Tracker and a Falcon strewn about the bottom of it, ect... It fits right in with my dated rc collection.:) I'll upgrade once I own a Traxxas vehicle with a grey chassis....

I use tackle boxes, always have, work great, especially if it is one with a good size compartment on top for the tools, and some drawers for the smaller things! :)