Plasti Dip on a 1:1

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try Mothers Back to Black o nthe trim.

I did and it worked great for about two weeks then it was faded again, I put it on three more times hoping it would eventually last longer but it didn't.

If the vehicle is left in the sun, it will fade pretty quickly. When i was in the apartment and had to park in the lot, it would only last a couple of weeks. Now that its under the carport, i only have to apply like every 6 months or so. I'm curious as to how the Plasti-dip will stick to the trim pieces.

It's always parked outside with no cover, I guess it never really had a chance. I might do a project thread on the Jeep to show what it looks like and how it hold up.

dip%20cap_zpsvi06luqw.jpg

Looks good. I bet that emblem took a while to get perfect.

I got lucky, the Ford on the tailgate is outlined on the emblem so I just had to put the tip of the exacto in the groove and trace it. Same thing on the wheels.

I remembered to snap a few pics as I plasti dipped the trim and bumpers on my sons Jeep, I'll give updates from time to time and let you guys know how it holds up and if it fads. The surface you're going to spray must be clean and dry with wax or protectants stripped off or it won't hold on to the surface as long.

Some before pics
j66666_zps4sq51i57.jpg

j55555_zpsvuzp0fpc.jpg

Some masking
j4444_zpsznrhubq4.jpg

j9999_zps8lmohqla.jpg

I put four nice smooth coats on everything I sprayed.
j1111_zpslzrhfyde.jpg

j33333_zpsomiuehvt.jpg

j22222_zpssqogkylo.jpg

Looks good. Hopefully it holds up well.

Thanks. Keep an eye out for updates.

The plasti dip is holding up great on the Jeep, it has been to a high pressure car wash several times with no problems! I have also washed it by hand and it comes clean very easy although I am careful not the catch the edges.

The Ford emblem and wheels on my truck were doing great until today, I got stuck in the mud and once the rear sunk enough from spinning the plasti dip peeled all around the edges, once it starts to peel there is no saving it. I removed it from all four wheels, it came off in one piece with ease.

A little something for your entertainment, I was miles away from anything and alone. I posted the pics on Facebook and the offers to rescue me started popping up....including James who was over an hour away! Luckily there was another hunter in the area with a 4x4 that was able to pull me out.

Stuck_zps9cvrc6yr.jpg

I had fun getting the mud off, tomorrow I have to try and clean the carpet on the inside.

after%20shot_zpsvwz0zmkj.jpg

Yea. My wife's bike recieved it's plasti dip strip last week. Her riding pants wore a hole though it on the tank so we just said screw it and stripped it all out.

Back