Pist./sleeve BDC ,pinch.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbaker65

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
I know that this trick is known by many ,but I need to share it to the folks who are
new to the Nitro RC!
This will help to prolong the life of your engine if you run the piston down out
of the sleeves pinch on cool down ,this allows the sleeve to shrink back to its
normal pinch size when cooling down!
If you continue to ignore an leave the piston in the pinch it will lose or fade away
more quickly in time an will result in loss of compression that renders the engine
useless or needing rebuilt!
So ,sense I have to mark mine ,I may as well share how I prefer to do it!... :cool:

I know that this trick is known by many ,but I need to share it to the folks who are
new to the Nitro RC!
This will help to prolong the life of your engine if you run the piston down out
of the sleeves pinch on cool down ,this allows the sleeve to shrink back to its
normal pinch size when cooling down!
If you continue to ignore an leave the piston in the pinch it will lose or fade away
more quickly in time an will result in loss of compression that renders the engine
useless or needing rebuilt!
So ,sense I have to mark mine ,I may as well share how I prefer to do it!... :cool:

That's a awesome tip. Never thought to drill or grind a spot. On the flywheel. I always just used a oil paint maker. It's better then a maker. The paint doesn't wear off as easily. But the drill/ grinding is like you 100% permanent. 👍👍👍

That's a awesome tip. Never thought to drill or grind a spot. On the flywheel. I always just used a oil paint maker. It's better then a maker. The paint doesn't wear off as easily. But the drill/ grinding is like you 100% permanent. 👍👍👍
I used a paint pen for a long time too but now I have an engraving tool that I use.

I used a paint pen for a long time too but now I have an engraving tool that I use.
Thats what I will use. My dermal with a grinding tip/ engraving tip. In a little bit after I do some more research on the TRX-4 build kit. I'm really liking how it comes as a kit. Like they did back in 80s and early 90s. Before they turn to this crap RTR set ups. That I feel have NO quality control.

Back