pipe for Traxxas 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCFarmer

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi
what is the best THS pipe for maximun speed in a traxxas 3.3?

I just switched out my 2.5 for a Dynamite.19 and am using a new Traxxas dual chamber resonator and it seems to be working pretty good!

hi
what is the best THS pipe for maximun speed in a traxxas 3.3?

What rig will you be using it on? Header length makes a big difference in what rpm’s the engine will turn. Without knowing what you’re installing it on it’s hard to make a suggestion.

What rig will you be using it on? Header length makes a big difference in what rpm’s the engine will turn. Without knowing what you’re installing it on it’s hard to make a suggestion.

What combination you recomend,

Depends on the rc and what header/pipe will fit it. THS makes a lot of different pipes that will work with a 3.3 and you can use a lot of different headers to work with a THS pipe.
Shorter headers make more top RPM and less bottom end torque, longer headers are the opposite, more bottom end torque and less top rpm’s.
It all boils down to what will fit the application (unless you’re willing to modify). You wouldn’t want to install a pipe/header specifically designed for a Revo on a Tmaxx or Jato or 4Tec etc due to installation issues with pipe/header angle, hanger and stinger positions.

Depends on the rc and what header/pipe will fit it. THS makes a lot of different pipes that will work with a 3.3 and you can use a lot of different headers to work with a THS pipe.
Shorter headers make more top RPM and less bottom end torque, longer headers are the opposite, more bottom end torque and less top rpm’s.
It all boils down to what will fit the application (unless you’re willing to modify). You wouldn’t want to install a pipe/header specifically designed for a Revo on a Tmaxx or Jato or 4Tec etc due to installation issues with pipe/header angle, hanger and stinger positions.

The installation angles not an issue, i got plenty space for any pipe and header. I look at the THS site and theres are tons of diferents pipes, i really need advice here, you already help me

So what kind of rig is it for? We can give a better recommendation with more info.

Thats cool man we like that sort of stuff around here,....how about posting a pic of it? There are quite a few guys around that build complete one off custom"s, so with some detailed info I'm sure one of em will be more than happy to help get you set up, is it a car, truck, truggy, buggy? 2wd or 4wd and where do you want the power band to be

thanks, no posting becuse the people i rece will be aware, but thanks anyway ill figure it out what is the best THS pipe for top speed.
if i win , i post some photos

sell the 3.3 and buy a os21tm or a big block than get a ths exhaust for it.

Since your looking for top speed, I assume your drag racing?

An ERCM SB pipe combined with the shortest header you can fit would give you better top end than any of the THS pipes.
To be honest, the THS pipes are not much of an improvement over the TRX DC pipes so don’t expect a miraculous improvement

Which ever route you go, be carful with the 3.3, they don’t like extended high rpm’s for very long…