pins on flywheel came off any way to fix?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjoseph

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
I have a flywheel that had 3 pins for a 3 shoe clutch setup, but two of the pins came off. Is this something i can glue back on? if yes what type of glue should i use.

Clutch assemblies withstand a lot of abuse. You're probably best off replacing your flywheel and your shoes and springs while you're at it. That's what I'd do

there shouldnt be any problem using the one from a savage...sounds like you got a defective one. i was going to suggest getting a clutch from acendancy racing but it looks like they went out of business. o_O

I’ve repaired quite a few flywheels in the past. If (<Big If) the pins fit snuggly in the flywheel and the holes are not wallered out you can secure them in place with green locktite. Clean the pins and flywheel with denatured alcohol or equivalent / fill the hole(s) with the locktite and press the pin(s) back into place / let cure overnight and whalla.
Many of the flywheels I’ve repaired were run for many gallons afterwards.
Like stated above though, if the pins don’t fit snuggly, its best to just replace the flywheel.