pinch tool

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ballen

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
where can i get one to repinch my small bloch sleves 2.5 3.3

type '' sleeve pincher '' on ebay ...youll have all the sizes

sorry missred your post ...your looking for someone to do it lol.

no, i want to do it why pay someone when you can get the tool and do it youself

Because, to get the right tools to do it yourself is cost prohibitive. Using those cheap clamp tools off ebay just runs the risk of ruining the sleeve permanently.

I've used rayAracing with good results in the past:
http://www.rayaracing.com/orderresize.htm

If it's a pullstart, make a note that you want a mild pinch due to having a pullstart and your life will be infinitely easier. ;)

This is the thread I posted up the before/after results in :
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56420&highlight=rayaracing

no, i want to do it why pay someone when you can get the tool and do it youself
I have three words...."Don't Do it" If you try the cheap-o hack job sleeve pincher you will not like the results. I will have to agree with Olds on this and back him 100%. RayAracing does very good work, a true professional. For the price and speed he turns stuff around there is no reason to not use him. I have had three done by him and all were perfect. They will sell you anything on E-bay...they will tell you some huge story of how wonderful their product is....does not mean it is true or worth a crap. Hell back in the mid nineties someone tried to sell a DVD re-winder. Yeah I know that sounds dumb but if you don't know any better. Seriously, after being in nitro long enough and understanding the tolerances involved the hose clamp sleeve pinch sounds just as crazy. Not busting your namesake just trying to keep you from making a costly mistake.

Last edited:
thanks for the info...but i have decidide to sell both the trucks anyway.in fact they are posted now with a short vid of them being started.but if i decide to keep them .(do not sell ) I will definatly give them a try .I thought it would cost more.

Last edited:
Yeah I have to admit...I tried the pinch tool about 8-9 years ago on an engine that needed it. What it needed after was a full rebuild. Trashed the piston and sleeve. Good luck on the sale man!

well they are not selling so i think after xmiss i will send in the 3.3 and one of the 2.5 probably the newer one and get the pinch done maybe sooner if i can be nice to have a like new motor again.

When you get them back, they need a mild break-in. I did heat cycle (even though it should be pointless) for a tank or two, then didn't really open any of them up until tanks 7-8.

well just got an email from raya raceing he shipped out my 3.3 today and should be here friday can wait now i need to decide what to put it in kyosho buggy or the converted .15 max.

well thanksto our slowas snail mail i still have not gotten my 3.3 piston/sleeve back .
tracking # says was supossed to be delivered on the 19th and it just checked it again ell it is about 20-30 miles away in another town. so i hope to get ti tomarrow..

I don't understand it i sent a motor to Massachusits and it was there yesterday or the day befor and sent it the same day as my 3.3 was shipped out ,and that was in newyork

I just don't understand why a packeage would be at baltimore at 12.38 am and not get

40 miles untill 3.12 pm today and it actually had to go past my area to get to where it is now.
sorry for the rant just kinda wanting to put it back together and see how it does.

probably won't run it besides to break it in may just put it on something and sell it.I just want to see how well the resize works so i know if i should send him another set.
it will be like new took everything out both bearings cleaned them and are soaking in oil cleaned and polished up the whole inside of the motor and outside looks great also just need the rubber bot for the carb took it off and put it on one i sold.

Got the 2.5 yesterday! Not to continue your rant :) Brought it to work got it all cleaned and reassembled (Advantage to bieng the boss! :)) Got her to idle for a few but the tune seems to be WAY off. Not much pinch left but it will work for now. Just long enough to break somethin hopefully! Got a rebuild sittin right next to it for when I do blow it up.

Last edited:
Re: 2.5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
remeember, i said "when it gets warmed up it bogs ".
i told you it needed a new piston sleeve or a repinch ,
I thought you said you had ordered a piston/sleeve and conrod .
About the tune you have to remember i only live about 50 ft above sea level If i'm lucky ,so the tune is going to be off if you live at a higher elevation .

Last edited:
Not complainin bro!! I'm VERY happy with what I got! I expected a completely blown motor and was pleasently surprised when she still had some life left. I do have all the parts to rebuild her (see above) but if she still runs than...... well why bother! The old addage... "If it aint broke dont fix it"! or was it "If it aint broke you didnt drive it hard enough!" Either way I'm tryin my hardest to break it but havent had any luck....................................................................... yet!:)

i know ya ain't bitchen ,just did not want anybody on the forum to think i sold something that was not what i said. they may not have took it the right way .$30 bucks ain't bad but i think you will find the motor will start to bog when it gets warm , maybe i just could not get it adjusted right because it is almost gone and my low altitude, maybe won't adjust enough. But glade you are happy .

thats my sayin ain't borke then run it till it is.

well got p/s ack yesterday and it looks pretty good when i sent it the top of the piston wwould push past the top of the sleeve and now it only goes up about 3/4 way up the sleeve. i would say worth the 20 + 6 for the round trip shipping, but next time i may go with the tight pinch and see how that is.this time went with medium.haven't reassembled the motro yet plane on doig that tomarrow , after the RAVENS win the game today .also to cold to break in it just started snow fluriring .