picked up the last RC18T at my LHS

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustlerDood

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
put the Mamba Comp. X Package brushless in...charged the battery pack after putting on Ultra Deans connectors at all ends and let it rip! The Mamba brushless is absolutely SICK! I ordered up a set of li-poly (3 cell 11.1v 2100 mah) batteries and I cannot wait to hook them up to the RC18T the thing is going to fly!

I need to order a Hitec high torque servor....actually I am going to do that right now @ towerhobbies!!!

Shoot some vid of it. I want to see how it runs with the brushless.

yea i like to see it i sec it lol

Hey man, I picked up an RC18T last night at my LHS...it was the only one we got! I put the Mamba 5400 in it with an 11.1v Lipo....HOLY CRAP IT'S FAST!!!!!!!
Which Mamba did you put in it and how is it geared?

I put the Mamba Comp. X Package in it so mine is the 8000 not the 5400 which refers to the kv (rpm per volt).......I am still waiting for my li-poly as all my LHS did not have any to fit the car (all airplane). I used the crappy battery that came with it (7.4v 1100mah) and it ran for a good 20 minutes and the thing was waaay to light in the rear. I am adding some 1 oz sticky weights in the rear next time I go to the track. At my local track we are now racing 1/18th scale.

I will get my R/C Mech. to shoot some video of it once we get the rc18t ready to handle a full blown speed pass. None of us had the guts to grab more than half throttle because it was catching all the nitro trucks on the straights and was able to take the triple without my trouble....that is if you had enough balls to launch it off the huge triple.

Dang the 8000! That's way to much motor for the 18t, I couldn't imagine winding that thing out all the way. You'd need a runway and some huge balls!

With the 5400 at about half speed on the pavement with soft street tires I can grab full throttle and break all 4 tires loose...but it still takes off like a rocket. This this is faster than my Serpent Impulse. Do you have any other hopups for it yet?