Picco Maxx Mounting...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m00nst0ne69

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just got my new Picco .26 Maxx this week and have been getting it ready to install. It seems that the motor is a very tight fit. When the motor is in place it seems to rub on the supports and it doesn't have a lot of adjustments. Anyone have any tips and tricks for this install?

I used the Traxxas BB conversion kit and ran a smaller pinion on the slipper.

the only thing that rubbed when i installed mynes was the clutch bell with my roll bar so i had to trim some of it off.

you should take off the screw from the outside of roll bar and put the motor in and then try to put the roll hoop back on.

only problems i ever had was the OFNA mount was bumping the stock revo engine mount that comes off the chassis

I have mounted the motor finally but I found that I have no adjustment. Should the mounting brackets that attach to the frame be ground to match the OFNA mount? Will this weaken them to much?

Attachments

• Help1.jpg
    Help1.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 57
Did you folks use the Ofna mount or the Traxxas big block mount? Maybe that's where my issue is....

I used the Traxxas kit as I posted earlier.

i never had to trim anything. i had just enough movement in both parts that allowed me to mesh my gearing.

i ran with the ofna mount

Sorry about that Hamz.

I am going to try a different spur and bell combination and see if that works like you suggested.

Z400 what was the combo that you were using?

I'm using the ofna mount & no problems. i think I'm running 17 or 18 on the bell and 40 on the spurr i think i can go bigger on the bell maybe 19 even 20? i'll try it later.

I had a 15/40 combo installed at the time and the gear mesh was way to tight. So I dropped to a 15/38 and that worked just fine.

Back