Picco .26 JL Red Dot Issue?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Venomelite

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys, just picked up a Picco .26 Red Dot for my Revo 3.3 a couple of days ago and have been trying to do the install with a couple of issues. Firstly, I have removed the clutchbell/clutch/flywheel assembly from the 3.3, and when trying to mount the flywheel onto the picco, I can however it becomes very hard to turn by hand. Tried mounting it back to the 3.3 and its easy, as it always had been. Just wondering if anyone has encountered this issue before, and perhaps its just me doing something wrong? Also, when mounting the carb, I failed at remembering to mock it up first, to make sure my linkage would line up properly. Is there an easy way to remove the carb? since it does't seem to be adjustable as it is on the trx when installed. Thanks

The carb on a picco .26 isn't easy to swivel like on a 3.3, but it should move just fine. Loosen the pinch bolt, then tap on the head of the bolt to knock the threaded side of it loose. If that doesn't work then you've probably over-tightened the pinch bolt. You may just have to adjust the throttle arm instead.
When you put the flywheel on did you remove the glow plug before trying to turn the engine?

Thanks for the reply, this motor hasn't even seen a glow plug yet heh, its been pulled out of the box and is now just seeing the flywheel being assembled onto it. I am pretty sure when it first came out it did move pretty easily by hand, then after a couple of cycles it became quite hard to do.. also if it makes a difference, I am using a socket wrench to tighten/loosen the nut for the flywheel, and I am using the stock traxxas revo fly/clutch/bell etc. Also I will give what you suggested a try, as soon as I can figure out whats going on with this motor =/

actually, a bit of an update / quick question, is there supposed to be anything like a washer placed between the motors owb on the picco? As it is, the flywheel presses pretty hard againsed the motors owb / block itself which could be the issue..

Are u using a new cone washer,if not you should

lol i wasn't, after i posted i looked at the 3.3 shaft and the picco again, and then nearly cried.. so i took the cone off, placed it on the picco and all is fine in that area.. just trying to adjust the little needle that supports the throttle linkage on the carb.

Sorry for the hijack but are you guys using the standard throttle linkages or something different like the tekno setup

i am shooting for the stock linkage, just now gunna try and manage with that.. so I can't really answer that one atm. However, currently wondering how everyone is mounting the THS 1046 exhaust. I have it on physically, just not sure whats going on with the stock rod, seems too big.. ideas?

You'll have to do some tweaking to get the exhaust mounted properly.

What kind of tweaking? What has worked best for you guys?

Back