PC sound under $50?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Any opinions on specific pc speakers with sub for $50? I had a Coby setup with sub but the amp quit and I am looking for something new. I want good sound obviously but with heavy bass capability and a good range of it, not just mids.

Also, what year they came out doesn't matter, they don't have to be the newest models.

Just as a thought, if your speakers are still good and just the amp is fried, what about picking up an external amp? There are all kinds, quality etc avail at all different price levels, used is an option too... Then you have a separate component that you could use in a different application later if you choose. IE: Home theater...
Opening up the boxes and running the wires to bypass the amp should be a simple project.

@HPIguy beat me too it, the Cyber Acoustics was going to be my recommendation as well. If you wanted to go an inch over $50 then the Logitetch Z333 is a good setup for $55.

@Certified Mike, I would consider that route but Id rather just get something different. The Coby's never sounded that great anyways.

Thanks @HPIguy and @WoodiE, the z333 can be had for under $50 on ebay. 30w vs 40w rms, hmmmm kind of a pickle.

Would it be possible to have them be switchable between my pc and tv/ps4?

Wattage ouput is menaingless when it comes to PC speaker systems. None of those things put out anywhere near what they're rated at anyway, not without lots of clipping and distortion. More important is to read reviews, and purchase based on audio quality and as you mentioned, extra features.

@slowngreen I'm not 100% positive since I don't have a PS4 but I think the PS4 has a optical out for audio. If so you could get something like this audio converter. Which would allow you to go from optical (PS4) to an RCA out.

The z333 says it has both a 3.5 input and RCA input. Could probably just run RCA's from my tv to it and the 3.5 from my pc? I think I'm leaning towards the z333 for that fact.

You could pick up a cheap switching box for the audio sources but you don't want to plug in more than one input at a time, even if only one source is on at a time.

Do you guys run a EQ programs or anything? I got them today and I'm very unimpressed so far. The sub is barely noticeable and its all the way up.

Nah, no need to with the system I bought. They have a bass level control on the remote, and I have it about half way, plenty of bass for what they are. With it set like that I can pretty much max out the volume on the stuff I listen to with no distortion or clipping.

Sorry to hear they aren't what you hoped they be Lloyd.

I dorked around with Realtek for a bit and got it sounding alot better. Bass is ok, not "boomy" at all but it will work. My Coby sub was a 3.5" and it hit real hard in comparison but all in all this setup sounds way cleaner.

I have been buying accessories that are bluetooth, I purchased a bluetooth speaker about 6yrs ago and they didn't have the technology down like they do these days and that is definitely the way of the future imo. The older speaker sounds like a skipping record, I believe they have cured that these days. "fingers crossed"
I haven't bought any new model bluetooth devices lately.

I have been buying accessories that are bluetooth, I purchased a bluetooth speaker about 6yrs ago and they didn't have the technology down like they do these days and that is definitely the way of the future imo. The older speaker sounds like a skipping record, I believe they have cured that these days. "fingers crossed"
I haven't bought any new model bluetooth devices lately.
I was given one a couple of years ago for Christmas and it still works great.

I dorked around with Realtek for a bit and got it sounding alot better. Bass is ok, not "boomy" at all but it will work. My Coby sub was a 3.5" and it hit real hard in comparison but all in all this setup sounds way cleaner.
What are you using to test the bass. It could be the file.

The THX sounder is a good way to test your computer speakers:

Actually I take back anything negative about them. I wasn't playing them loud enough! They sound amazing after all. Get very loud and put out very clean bass.

Actually I take back anything negative about them. I wasn't playing them loud enough! They sound amazing after all. Get very loud and put out very clean bass.
Now you can use them through the wonderful music thread :D

Back