Paypal Thumbs-Up

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I bought an item from an on-line retailer (not RC related) on 9/24 for about $30 shipped.

They use Paypal's cart/payment system. I never got an order confirmation from the seller which I thought was odd. A few days past and I send an e-mail to make sure they got the order and asked when it would be shipped. 4 more days pass and no response. Now a week has went by and I have gotten nothing. I decide to open a dispute case with Paypal. This is the first time I have ever done this. All the dispute does is open a channel through paypal to communicate with the sell. I send a second e-mail asking about the status of the order shortly after opening the dispute.

Low and behold I finally get a response stating that they no longer can get the item and ask if I want an immediate refund which I of course accepted.

I know the only reason I get a response is because paypal notified them of the dispute case.

3 days go by and no refund. I continue sending e-mails and noting them on the dispute log on paypal asking for my immediate refund.

Today I said screw it and escalated the dispute to a claim against the seller.

What do you know. Within 5 minutes I have the money refunded to my account with a note from the seller claiming they have been trying to refund the money but were unable to because I filed a claim. A dispute case is not a claim and they were fully able to refund the money. I only got a refund when they got a notice of the claim which locks their account until it is resolved.

Thank you Paypal.

Score one for the good guys. Glad to hear you got your money back.

I had the same thing happen to me but the crappy thing is they can send all the money in the account to resolve it. If there is not enough then you are stuck with what they give you be it half or more or even less. I lost close to hundred. Paypal still helped.

There's also another forum that some guy raked a bunch of people over the coals thru paypal. He got away with about $10,000, maybe more through paypal. Countless claims and whatnot, and the victims have not gotten one cent back. Just search google for "nwcorey" and it should come up.

The key lesson is, know who you're dealin with.

Same thing happened to me with Dinball RC, paid immediately, then nothing, no responses to emails, complaints, or claim. Only they never even bothered to reply to pp so I got a full refund from paypal. I guess it's worth the extra fees sometimes, lol. Glad you got your cash back!

HeartBreak said:
There's also another forum that some guy raked a bunch of people over the coals thru paypal. He got away with about $10,000, maybe more through paypal. Countless claims and whatnot, and the victims have not gotten one cent back. Just search google for "nwcorey" and it should come up.

The key lesson is, know who you're dealin with.
Did ya see the NwCorey thread on Rctech?? Dudes screwed ALOT of people out of money.. What a deadbeat.

4u2nv said:
Did ya see the NwCorey thread on Rctech?? Dudes screwed ALOT of people out of money.. What a deadbeat.

Yup, that's the one I'm referrin to. I keep an eye on it from time to time. I would love to see this trial televised, as an example of the fact that you are never truley anonymous on the internet.