Pay Pal Questions!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jsmith

Dirt Oval Addict!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well, here's a doozy. I made a purchase on an RC. I did use pay pal using the " goods and services" option. It was grossly misrepresented by the seller. Missing parts and non-operational speed controller. He, as it turns out, is scum. Called him to try and reach a resolution only to be yelled at, cussed at and hung up on. Only option I had at this point to try and protect my $375.00 investment is to file a claim. Never been down this road before, so can anyone give me any advice? Am I protected? Will they work this out? Have I made a horrible mistake by buying from an individual online? For me, it was a large purchase so I'm a bit overwhelmed. Any feedback, good or bad, will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to you all.:\

Sucks that happened to you. I think it's happened to us all one time or another. Don't let this one bad experience discourage you from future purchases, learn from it. I found out the hard way you gotta research your seller before you buy.
Absolutely file a Dispute with the PayPal Resolution Center within 20 days of your purchase. Did you buy from an online auction site or an RC Forum?

Good luck. With PayPay even if you win the case you will probably loose. If the seller doesn't have any funds in his account, there is nothing for PayPay to recover which will mean you're SOL. Your only hope is that the guy didn't withdraw or spend the money.

Ya, I really feel I'm screwed on this. When I tried to talk with the seller after the fact, he was so defensive and argumentative that I know he wont do the right thing. Probably close that bank account type thing. If it's not new from a retailer, I'll never buy a shipped item again. I hate that because my last purchase was a pay pal and ship to me deal. It was excellent. A vxl rustler rtr for $100! I gave him $120 just to help on shipping. When I opened it up, it was in better shape than he even described! Even with that, I'm going to just trade/buy/sell locally or purchase new from now on.
Thanks for your feedback.