Parking lot racing in Ohio

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turner421

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey everyone, is there anyone in mid ohio that wants to help setup a parking lot racing league? I seen a post in this forum about one in NJ. Looks the poop and I want to do this badly! There are plenty of empty lots around where I live, but I’m willing to travel a little bit to do this! I live outside of Kenton Ohio. Let’s do the damn thing guys?

Sounds like fun. I'm in western Indiana, so I'm out. But @Greywolf74 is in Dayton. Maybe he knows some places you could go.
If we could legit put something together then I am willing to do some traveling!

E090CC04-BE8A-4186-B4BB-3D9C27B47E35.jpeg
8C1FFEA0-AF3F-4EB6-9089-13A1B0DDC4D0.jpeg

What kind of parking lot racing are you talking about? Theres a no prep scene here already if thats what you have in mind.

What kind of parking lot racing are you talking about? Theres a no prep scene here already if thats what you have in mind.
Where be this scene you speak of sir?! What does no prep mean?

No Prep is the main flavor of RC drag racing. THIS is a really active facebook group with about 1100 members you can join for No Prep racing in and around Dayton.

One of the easiest ways to start a series is to work with a local hobby store. Many of the Hobbytown USA stores have racing series.

Hey everyone, is there anyone in mid ohio that wants to help setup a parking lot racing league? I seen a post in this forum about one in NJ. Looks the poop and I want to do this badly! There are plenty of empty lots around where I live, but I’m willing to travel a little bit to do this! I live outside of Kenton Ohio. Let’s do the damn thing guys?
I live in Columbus 😉
I live in Columbus 😉
I’m just a weekend fun amateur though

I live in Columbus 😉

I'm all too familair with Cbus... or at least I used to be way back in the day. I was born and grew up around there. Went to HS in Pataskala. I live in Dayton now though. I havent really been in Cbus too much for at least 25+ years

I live in Columbus 😉

I’m just a weekend warrior myself, but we can find others and have a blast!
One of the easiest ways to start a series is to work with a local hobby store. Many of the Hobbytown USA stores have racing series.
I have a pretty good rapport with cyclone hobbies. I will try there

I live in Kenton Ohio. I run nitro at Rhodes college in Lima. Large oval. I also run 3.5cc outboard tunnels at boy scout pond.
I am a ex IMPBA nitro boat racer been in rc for 40 plus years.
What are you trying to run?
I have made many Kenton rc FB groups but never got any hits.
There's a lot of people in rc in and around Hardin county but as you know how people are in Kenton (gosh forbid walking up and starting a conversation) and try to meet other RCers.
There was a small rc clay track but I never went as I'm into nitro.
The Hobby shop near Dayton has Saturday racing. They have a novice class run what you bring nitro to electric.
Me being nitro only am limited.
Right now I am working with a old Ofna Ultra MBX R2 1/8th nitro.
Soon I'll be running a 1/8th nitro pan car for next summer.
Rhodes has a huge freshly redone parking lot. I attended Rhodes the security never minded and the lot is always empty on weekends.
If you're talking about no prep drag racing that long road to the left of the airport would be the smoothest place to race. I'm not into drag racing rc so I'll pass but good luck.

Last edited:
Back