paint masks or someone paint a body for me

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR4X4KING

I have more toys than I know what to do with.
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Does anyone know how to make paint masks or stencils?
i've never really used masks except for the windows
i want to make a custom body for my girlfriend for christmas for her summit.
i want to make her a body with ocean views and lighthouses

can any of our painters do this?

pm me if you have any ideas or pictures or sketches of what you can do
let me know
thanks!

Last edited:
Look at youtube for some ideas on liqud mask. I also found this video for using pics. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqr1Xk6MujY"]XXX Main-How to paint R/C Bodies 10-Lexan Picture Glue - YouTube[/ame] Don't know how well it works, but it looks ok. Maybe someone here can comment on it.

The XXX-Main glue works great on pictures. I've used it many times. You can PM Slowngreen for custom masks.

U can also try lessen or candyman for painters... Both do great work

does anyone know how to make paint masks?
can you buy a cutter and the material to do it?

I've been able to make them using a crafting machine called a cricket that my wife bought for scrapbooking. The only thing that stinks is they dont gear it towards rc usage so you have to be creative with the limited selection they have. Its an actual sticker maker and you can buy a low adhesive sticker sheet and have the machine cut whatever shape cartridge you have in it, peel it apart and use. Pretty simple actually

how about making stencils anyone have any good links?

does anyone know how to make paint masks?
can you buy a cutter and the material to do it?

Small cutters can be had for around $300 or so. I don't recall where though. I tossed around the idea of getting one a couple years ago but never pulled the trigger.

Back