p51 mustang propeller spinner screw size???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckynet

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what size screw is used on the p51 mustang (not sure of manufacturer) spinner cone screw?
Also is there much performance difference in a 2 blade and 4 blade prop?

thank you
IMG_0090.JPG

You should buy a cheap set of digital calipers. They come in very handy in this hobby. The outside diameter of the thread is the screw size. Like an M4x.7 will be just slightly under 4mm diameter, and the distance from one thread to the next will be .7mm.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what size screw is used on the p51 mustang (not sure of manufacturer) spinner cone screw?
Also is there much performance difference in a 2 blade and 4 blade prop?

thank youView attachment 162221

Two blade prop will be faster, 4 blade prop will give you more torque for things like going vertical. Not sure on the screw size. 🤔

thanks, wish someone new the screw size.....i will check it with my digital caliper but never figured i would know pitch angle and all you need to know.

thanks, wish someone new the screw size.....i will check it with my digital caliper but never figured i would know pitch angle and all you need to know.
It's easy to figure out. It should be a standard pitch if it's metric, which should be .5 or .7, depending on if it's M3 or M4. Just use your calipers and measure from the point of one thread to the next. There is enough difference between the thread sizes you should be able to see it.

Here is a tap drill chart with common thread dimensions with pitch for each.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...MQFnoECBYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3M9jDH1rg_5uq1MBvCLD9F

@WickedFog when the OP mentioned pitch angle, I believe he is talking about the pitch of the blades on the prop.

@WickedFog when the OP mentioned pitch angle, I believe he is talking about the pitch of the blades on the prop.
I'm pretty sure he is talking about the screw pitch 🤷‍♂️

If he is referring to the prop, that is a trig calculation.

its the screw that holds the red cone on, it screws into the threaded hole that you can see in the motor shaft
its metric 3.5 mm x 40 mm long, i haVE 100 coming so if theres another 99 people who loose theres just let me know

its the screw that holds the red cone on, it screws into the threaded hole that you can see in the motor shaft
its metric 3.5 mm x 40 mm long, i haVE 100 coming so if theres another 99 people who loose theres just let me know
Oh, I see now. It threads into the end of that. If you measured the inside diameter of those threads, and came up with 3.5mm, that is a 4mm screw.

I sent you a private message

The O.D. (outside diameter) or "major diameter" of a screw is the screw size. The I.D. (inside diameter) or "minor diameter" of a threaded hole will be the tap drill size in the chart.
Screenshot_20230324-164725_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20230324-164928_Chrome.jpg

screw3.gif

Last edited:
no i went to lowes and bought every small screw they had, then found the right thread and realized they dont have any that long, so i ordered them online.