out of control

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitroguy

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
holy crap did i ever have a scare today took my tmaxx out for a rip just in front of my house everything was ok for the first couple minutes then I'm going up the road give it a shot and its gone runs away from me goes around one corner after it hits the snow bank I'm running like the devil i can see it going around a turn then jumps over a 3 foot snow bank and slams right in the front of somebodys house I'm still running and its just screaming upside down i finaly get there and put my finger over the exaust and it dies long story short they must be tough never as much made a scratch i was one lucky dude new batterys in both truck and reciever tried it after walking back home no problems started right up everything working ok so i have no clue to what happen so i adjusted the spring on the trottle arm so if i loose power again it should go back to idle did this ever happen to anybody else thanks I'm still confused.:whhooo:

just put brand new batteries in before going out and i tought its suppose to have a failsafe on it already thats what in says in the manual

yeah its the brand new tqi 2.4 radio

it dosent say that in the manual it just says turn on the transmitter then the reciever and they will bind to each other i have no clue can you explain how to program it thanks ps the funny thing is i never had any problems before and i went trough 2 full tanks of fuel after that happend no problems what so ever i am confused i appreciate any help

Last edited:
From what you said it whent up a snow bank, that tells me its cold (like how i figured that out) its possible that the linkage or a servo froze up if you took out of a warm place, condisation could have formed and froze.

Are you using 4 AA batteries? I had a battery fall out of the plastic thingy in my boat once. Dead in the water long way out. So now I use battery packs. Might have happen to you too.

it dosent say that in the manual it just says turn on the transmitter then the reciever and they will bind to each other i have no clue can you explain how to program it thanks ps the funny thing is i never had any problems before and i went trough 2 full tanks of fuel after that happend no problems what so ever i am confused i appreciate any help

You cannot program the fail safe with the traxxas 2.4 system, it is preset and non programmable.
Sounds like you lost the bind for some reason.

no damage to the house was not froze it was above freezing and no batteries fell out worked perfect when i tried it right after ??????

yeah must be only thing that makes any sense lol

I lost the bind with a new TQI system 2x before updating the TX and RX Firmware.

Run away WOT engines often go bang! I put more trust in throttle return springs than failsafes.

i will second that dub c. makes more sense to me that way one can at least save the engine i hope.

Does the new Maxx truck not have the spring return fail safe that closes the carb if signal is lost. I thought all newer maxx series trucks had that.

yeah it does but it was not stretched tight enough it is now.

Back