OS .21tm in Revo Issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko36608

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have just reached full break-in. My problem is OS .21TM is not reaching Max RPM and Not Wheeling like many YouTube Videos I've seen.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have just reached full break-in. My problem is OS .21TM is not reaching Max RPM and Not Wheeling like many YouTube Videos I've seen.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Nitro motors usually take a gallon to fully break in. There may be many issues, maybe it's on a lean side, maybe too rich, maybe slipper clutch, fuel, temperature ,altitude, traction. Some, especially new motors have less power. Usually nitro motors are the fastest when they lose compression but still run ok. I don't have os21tm but I would not expect to be much more powerful than stock 3.3. if you want wheelie on demand I would do big block conversion but then you will start having issues with drivetrain

Probably just needs to be tuned. That engine will very easily wheelie a Revo.

I've heard the OS-21TM takes a particularly long time to "open up," by full-break in, do you mean 5 tanks, or your first jug of fuel? It may take a whole quart or more.

Nitro motors usually take a gallon to fully break in. There may be many issues, maybe it's on a lean side, maybe too rich, maybe slipper clutch, fuel, temperature ,altitude, traction. Some, especially new motors have less power. Usually nitro motors are the fastest when they lose compression but still run ok. I don't have os21tm but I would not expect to be much more powerful than stock 3.3. if you want wheelie on demand I would do big block conversion but then you will start having issues with drivetrain
Thank you for your help...