Original Dynamite Battery issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobra432000

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Losi 5ive T that has little of 15 hours on it. it is now 2 years old now and I am looking for help with the battery. I left it on in the car about a week ago, came back this week to no power in the battery then put it on the charger as I normally do. The original 20w dynamite charger had its normal green lights on, and it never charged or gave a signal of other than the green light. No beeping or nothing, I tried unplugging and nothing. Can anyone help me here on maybe how to diagnostic this problem or if I should be using a better brand as far as charger and battery. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi, I have a Losi 5ive T that has little of 15 hours on it. it is now 2 years old now and I am looking for help with the battery. I left it on in the car about a week ago, came back this week to no power in the battery then put it on the charger as I normally do. The original 20w dynamite charger had its normal green lights on, and it never charged or gave a signal of other than the green light. No beeping or nothing, I tried unplugging and nothing. Can anyone help me here on maybe how to diagnostic this problem or if I should be using a better brand as far as charger and battery. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Try zapping the battery a couple of times with a something else that puts out a slightly bigger voltage ,maybe
you have an old transformer laying around or perhaps a regular battery charger for a automobile will work ,
just touch the connectors in quick few seconds to bounce some juice back in ,then try hooking it up to your
regular charger!

I hate chargers with a brain ,they will detect stuff like that ,an wont charge!

That jump didn't work, but thankfully the company will replace the battery after speaking with them this morning. apparently it's very bad to run any li-po battery completely dead (which is what I did).

That jump didn't work, but thankfully the company will replace the battery after speaking with them this morning. apparently it's very bad to run any li-po battery completely dead (which is what I did).

Ah ,ok ,my bad as I thought it was a regular ni-cad battery!

With some of the electronic chargers these days ,they will sense something wrong with the battery an not
start a charge cycle!

If yours was a lipo ,then I would replace it!....I am glad you figured it out though!.....:thumbs-up:

also make sure to be using a LiPo balancing charger, or a LiPo charger and balancer (if those are a thing anymore). with the cost of chargers anymore you can get a decent balancing charger for relatively cheap.

This is what I have it came with my truck, any suggestions would be gladly appreciated to keep this from happening again.

Attachments

• charger.jpg
    charger.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 108
What I do when I accidentally run my lipos too long is charge them differently. Just turn on the setting of your charger to NIMH at 1.0 amps. Leave it to charge until it gets to around 2 volts below the max voltage for the lipo. (2s = about 7v, etc) Then your lipo should have enough voltage to not be considered a threat to the charger, and hopefully, work with the normal lipo setting. I use this method all the time.

Id recommend A different charger. something with a digital display and a few more setting so you can control the current and see whats going on with battery..I like the toolkit M8..you will also need a power supply.. A atx computer power supply and a little work from you..
THAT ZAPPING the battery is very dangerous to a LIPO battery .its ok for a Nixx type nicad or nimh..its also used to breakup crystals that develop in nicad cells..but should never be used in lipo..that can cause a fire..