Online Hobby stores

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP-12

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations on good online hobby stores for upgrade parts for my bullet. So far I’ve used Amain Hobbies and all was well.
Are there any sites or brands you recommend I stay away from?
I need some billet/aluminum knuckles and a few other suspension and steering parts.
Thanks guys!

I use ebay mostly. Parts are usually cheaper there. Just avoid sellers from outside the US if you can. Some are ok, but they will take a long time to get parts to you. Jenny's RC and dollar hobbies are pretty big. They tend to buy whole vehicles, then sell them in pieces. Usually entire front diffs/rear diffs vs just an output cup, ring gear, pinion.

When I don't use ebay, I use amain, tower hobbies, rc planet and dollar hobbies. On occasion, I use the manufacturer's site, like t-bone bumpers/skid plates or fastlanemachine alloy parts or rcraven shock springs/cages. Sometimes you can't find their stuff in stores or ebay.

I try to shop at my local hobby shop as much as I can. Otherwise for online purchases I too use eBay as well as Amazon and Tower Hobbies. I have used A-Main from time to time.

I try to shop at my local hobby shop as much as I can. Otherwise for online purchases I too use eBay as well as Amazon and Tower Hobbies. I have used A-Main from time to time.
I go there when I'm in dire need, or need to get fuel. I have one 45 minutes away, 1 hour 10 minutes and 1 hour 15 minutes. The furthest away one is where I get fuel. The other two only carry nitrotane, odonnels or traxxas fuel. I like byrons. Between gas, tolls and time, if I can wait, it's cheaper just to order stuff online and pay for shipping.

If they were closer... I'd have to buy a house to put all my RC's in. lol

How’s the part quality from eBay? It’s throws me off a bit that parts are far cheaper.
Most of the stuff I’m finding is from China though.
What brands would you recommend to look into for suspension parts?

Last edited:
Well, unfortunately , you picked a brand that has been in a sort of existence limbo for the past 4-5 years. I still haven't seen a surplus of parts on any of the main sites for the really popular trucks, but supposedly they are coming back. I think your going to have to live with what you can find and hope the parts aren't an awful alloy or poor fitting.

https://www.amazon.com/HobbyPark-Aluminum-Knuckle-Carrier-Upgrade/dp/B072JYYT6S

Yeah I’ve begun to notice that.
I ended up finding the CNC Machined HPI parts for a killer deal and couldn’t pass it up!

Back