One Way Bearing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shady1475

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Has anyone ever tried just replacing the bearing in the carrier? I've got a WASP 26 that could use a new one and I see that Boca sells one ways without the carrier. I mean it looks like you could just use and arbor and press it out and then maybe heat the carrier a little and press in a new one. Thoughts?

Last edited:
It's worth a shot. I always press in my own crank bearings when rebuilding the bottom end on my race bike.

Kinda what I thought. Heck for 5 bucks versus 25 why not.

It doesn't work. I made a press to do it but once you break the bearing loose from the sleeve,the new one will usually just slip. I'm not sure if the factory uses a slight crimp to hold it or a dab of a locking compound but have had much success with it.

I dunno but I've got nothing to lose besides the 3.50 it cost for the bearing.

Smear a little Green locktite 290 on the bearing before you press it in and then apply it again to wick into any space the fist application missed or areas that were squeezed out when the bearing was inserted.
Set it and forget it.

Well the new bearing worked like a champ. So now when they crap out all I need to do is order a 3 dollar bearing and I'm set.

If you guys can press a new bearing into the one way housing, you are the complete RC engine mechanic. Makes me want to go buy a press. I'll keep a look out at garage sales.

Glad it worked out for you. I may have try the same thing when my OWB kicks the bucket.

Well it really depends on you OWB carrier. If its a Picco based motor like mine the carrier is big and shaped like a top hat. If its a Nitro Star style and has a small nut style carrier you may not have the same result. But like I said its worth a try!! :)

If its a Nitro Star style and has a small nut style carrier you may not have the same result. But like I said its worth a try!! :)

Those are the ones I have had issues with. The one in my small block go-kart has held up using loctite on it. I got a box of them(less than $1 each) from a friend that works for F.A.G. Bearing here in Joplin,they are a subsidiary of INA bearings.

Last edited:
Dang that's cheap!!

Back