One Way Bearing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bighomedog11

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am wondering how often do you change your One way bearing? I have had mine in there for awhile now and it sometimes slips when i try to start my engine. I have cleaned it and sanded it a few times. I am wondering how long do they usually last before its best to just replace it?

When they start slipping/skipping, time to replace. If they never fail, no reason to mess with them.

When they start slipping/skipping, time to replace. If they never fail, no reason to mess with them.

Yeah i thought so, I was reading about you can clean them and sand paper them to help them work again.. Is it worth doing that or it is better just to replace it with a new one

Give this a shot, get a new one way bearing, and a new starting shaft, so the there's no play/less play between the two parts, then reassemble your engine. Unfortunately this means going out and getting another OWB.

I think your fighting a worn out starting shaft, but that's just me.

Give this a shot, get a new one way bearing, and a new starting shaft, so the there's no play/less play between the two parts, then reassemble your engine. Unfortunately this means going out and getting another OWB.

I think your fighting a worn out starting shaft, but that's just me.

Yeah I probably am because i have never replaced it and it was in my old TRX 2.5 engine then i got a 3.3 engine.

I can still get it to start but getting those new parts will just make help it start easier?

Will it help the engine run better or anything?

No, but it should get you started fasted with less headache. To help the engine run better you could seal it with high temp silicone. If your hoping for more power you could 30% nitro, just be careful I've read that 30% has a smaller tuning window.

Yeah i have the engine sealed, but it is time to replace some small stuff. I will keep that in mind. I will probably keep running 20% because that is all i have been running in it

just be careful I've read that 30% has a smaller tuning window.

Really depends on the engine. Glow plug selection will have more effect on tuning than 20% vs. 30%.

If it's EZ start, drill a tiny hole in the top of the "X" on the start assembly. Big enough to put a aresol straw into. A shot of nitro clean every once in awhile and your golden! Seriously, I do this to every ez start I get my hands on and it keeps you bashing and not pulling parts. Try it, you'll see the benefit.