One more soon, Redcat , Traxxas or Arma

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You simply cannot beat the Kraton 6s. Nearly indestructible, and enough torque and speed to destroy a lawn like an ATV.
I am new and have only 3 cars. All happen to be Arrma manly because of good deals I found. I actually enjoy owning different brands. All have been very durable, and I jump them almost every time out. They have all been beasts, but my 6S Kraton is probably my favorite.

BTW...I just built a new ramp and have jumped in 2 different sessions, and sending these ~70ft, and my only issue from this so far is my Typhon had an already super glued shock pull back out. Super glued back and ready to go, and the Kraton shock had a similar issue, but it looks like the end just unscrewed. Screwed it back and and ready to go. Not bad as I am really launching these, and am far from talented, so have really taken a beating. Main issue I had was topping out my Vortek and hitting my own trucks tire going 53MPH. ~$20 of parts and I was back up and going.

I really want the Team Corally Jambo 6S, but concerned about getting parts in the US.

I am new and have only 3 cars. All happen to be Arrma manly because of good deals I found. I actually enjoy owning different brands. All have been very durable, and I jump them almost every time out. They have all been beasts, but my 6S Kraton is probably my favorite.

BTW...I just built a new ramp and have jumped in 2 different sessions, and sending these ~70ft, and my only issue from this so far is my Typhon had an already super glued shock pull back out. Super glued back and ready to go, and the Kraton shock had a similar issue, but it looks like the end just unscrewed. Screwed it back and and ready to go. Not bad as I am really launching these, and am far from talented, so have really taken a beating. Main issue I had was topping out my Vortek and hitting my own trucks tire going 53MPH. ~$20 of parts and I was back up and going.

I really want the Team Corally Jambo 6S, but concerned about getting parts in the US.
I have a TC Kronos xtr, it's a '21 model. My brother just picked up a kronos rtr late last year. They're pretty good rigs, both have the TC electrics in them which are quite strong for stock. Durability has been lower than our Arrma's. Namely plastic parts. The TC vehicles are cheaper to buy than Arrma's, parts are a little more expensive though.
RC Hobby explosion, Hobby recreation products and Built 4 speed rc are a few online retailers who sell parts in the US. I don't shop the local hobby shops myself, they just can't compete with online prices I find, plus they always try and cram Traxxas crap down everyone's throats, uh.. no thanks, LOL.
Up to you of course as to what you buy but, if you already are vested in Arrma, the Notorious or Outcast 6s will use many of the same parts as the kraton you already have.. less parts to try and keep on hand as spares than you'd have to buy if you branch out to Corally.. food for thought. Enjoy👍

What battery do the owners of the Krayton V5 4x4 recommend, a single 6S or 2 3 S ? for max speed :)
I use two 3s. For 2 reasons. The first is some 6s vehicles require 2 3s batteries (Example: Arrma Felony) so if I get a vehicle that needs them split you will already have the batteries. The second reason is if one goes bad I still have a battery for my 3s cars and it isn't a total loss. I have used ZEEE and Socokin. I prefer the Socokin. They seem to have longer run time and slightly more punch (unscientific), however heavier as my Zeee are 5200mah and my Socokin are 6600mah.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09FJXY6MF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I have 2 Socokin as well, so far, good. I used to buy the Zeee's a couple years back when they were cheaper, not so cheap anymore. I have some Golbat, Sypom too.. I really don't see much difference between these brands. I just buy whatever is cheapest and has the specs I'm lookin for.🤷‍♂️

I got this one -

HOOVO 6S LiPo Battery 22.2V 6200mAh 120C with EC5 Plug​

hoovoo.jpg

Greywolf has done a lot of testing on many of the Amazon batteries. Zeee, Hoovo, etc. None of them do too well in his tests. For about the same money, you are much better off buying CNHL.

Last edited:
Greywolf has done a lot of testing on many of the Amazon batteries. Zeee, Hoovo, etc. None of them do to well in his tests. For about the same money, you are much better off buying CNHL.
I have some of those too.. they're good, but haven't noticed any significant gain over the rest of the budget batteries.🤷‍♂️

We used Hoovoo before with very good results, so lets hope there good again.

I have some of those too.. they're good, but haven't noticed any significant gain over the rest of the budget batteries.🤷‍♂️
You're not going to notice much difference. That is why Grey ran the tests. To see the difference. Go look at his tests. Look at the results. From high IR values, lower than stated mAh, low voltage under load, etc. You won't notice this just running the LiPo's in your RC's. But numbers don't lie. Will the Amazon batteries be ok? Yeah, probably. Will they last? Maybe. But if you can buy a better battery for about the same money, why buy an inferior product? It makes no sense to me.

I have a friend in the UK who is the smartest electronics guru I have ever talked to. He flies racing drones, and designs his own flight control boards. He has also tested hundreds of LiPo batteries. He basically has had the same results Grey has come up with. He won't buy the cheap Amazon batteries either.

I have Hoovo's. Grey sent them to me after his tests. They work, but the IR's aren't the greatest. I wouldn't run them in anything too demanding.

Last edited:
I use all 2s lipos from Hoovo, Youme Power (cheap amazon lipo), SMC, Dynamite and Maclan. I agree with @WickedFog that you won't notice much. For bashing you really just need a battery and just go. Since I am getting more into racing, I am using Maclan right now. For racing, you would like a good preforming battery. With my Maclan packs (2s LiHV shorty, Graphite V3) They are doing good for right now. 13.5 and mod motors really put a strain on the battery. (Also to mention, I got these batteries used from my uncles old racing friend) IRs are good. (around 2 ohms per cell) (One thing to note, I charge all of my batteries around 10 Amps and storage / discharge at 1 amp (1 amp because thats all that my charger can do) The batteries do get a little hot / puffy after each run. But compare those to my uncles SMC 4600 LiPos which are really bad. IRs are around 5 ohms and close together but it is really puffy. For the SMCs I use (2s LiPos, stick packs) I got them from my uncle. They are 7 years old. He used them in his 4x4 mod SCT. IRs are ok. With my Hoovo and Youme Power LiPos, I only use them for bashing in my rustler and slash. I use the SMCs in my rustler and slash at the track (due to the C rating and capacity) I had the Hoovos and Youme power batteries for a little over a year. IRs are excellent 1.0 ohms per cell. With the Dynamite batteries (2s, 650 / 800 mah 25C) I use them in my mini b. For these since these are way smaller packs, I balance charge at 2 amps and discharge at 1 amp. On the 800 pack, the IRs are around 18 ohms per cell. On the 650 they are around 60 ohms per cell. It might seem alot but in my Losi Mini B racers FB group, they say it is perfectly normal. Maybe because these are way smaller packs? Not sure.

Once my Maclan batteries are done, I am going to get multiple battery brands and test them. I had been looking at gensacearespammers (Redline series packs) Protek, Promatch Racing, and Trinity. I might get the Graphite V4s from Maclan since they are newer. I might also try out Reedy zappers (which AE recommended in my B74.1 manual)

I seen racers charge and discharge at 40 amps which is insane. For me I am only doing balance charge at 10 amps and discharge at 1 amp. (Sky RC T200, using AC power)

I had been also looking into a new charger. gensacearespammers IMARS Dual, and a Junsi iCharger. My uncle has the 308 Duo. I had been looking at the 406 Duo. They also have a 4010 Duo which is insane. 40 amps and 10S.

I do understand that there are significant differences between batteries, and respect everyone's right to choose what's best based on whatever criteria.. I run stock in everything, for fun. Putting too much time and money into it ruins the fun for me. Enjoy!!🍻

I use all 2s lipos from Hoovo, Youme Power (cheap amazon lipo), SMC, Dynamite and Maclan. I agree with @WickedFog that you won't notice much. For bashing you really just need a battery and just go. Since I am getting more into racing, I am using Maclan right now. For racing, you would like a good preforming battery. With my Maclan packs (2s LiHV shorty, Graphite V3) They are doing good for right now. 13.5 and mod motors really put a strain on the battery. (Also to mention, I got these batteries used from my uncles old racing friend) IRs are good. (around 2 ohms per cell) (One thing to note, I charge all of my batteries around 10 Amps and storage / discharge at 1 amp (1 amp because thats all that my charger can do) The batteries do get a little hot / puffy after each run. But compare those to my uncles SMC 4600 LiPos which are really bad. IRs are around 5 ohms and close together but it is really puffy. For the SMCs I use (2s LiPos, stick packs) I got them from my uncle. They are 7 years old. He used them in his 4x4 mod SCT. IRs are ok. With my Hoovo and Youme Power LiPos, I only use them for bashing in my rustler and slash. I use the SMCs in my rustler and slash at the track (due to the C rating and capacity) I had the Hoovos and Youme power batteries for a little over a year. IRs are excellent 1.0 ohms per cell. With the Dynamite batteries (2s, 650 / 800 mah 25C) I use them in my mini b. For these since these are way smaller packs, I balance charge at 2 amps and discharge at 1 amp. On the 800 pack, the IRs are around 18 ohms per cell. On the 650 they are around 60 ohms per cell. It might seem alot but in my Losi Mini B racers FB group, they say it is perfectly normal. Maybe because these are way smaller packs? Not sure.

Once my Maclan batteries are done, I am going to get multiple battery brands and test them. I had been looking at gensacearespammers (Redline series packs) Protek, Promatch Racing, and Trinity. I might get the Graphite V4s from Maclan since they are newer. I might also try out Reedy zappers (which AE recommended in my B74.1 manual)

I seen racers charge and discharge at 40 amps which is insane. For me I am only doing balance charge at 10 amps and discharge at 1 amp. (Sky RC T200, using AC power)

I had been also looking into a new charger. gensacearespammers IMARS Dual, and a Junsi iCharger. My uncle has the 308 Duo. I had been looking at the 406 Duo. They also have a 4010 Duo which is insane. 40 amps and 10S.
Just be aware that a "puffy" battery means it has began to produce gasses. One little spark, or too much heat inside the battery, and you'll get a nice glowing RC. I don't run puffy LiPo's. Way too risky.

Just be aware that a "puffy" battery means it has began to produce gasses. One little spark, or too much heat inside the battery, and you'll get a nice glowing RC. I don't run puffy LiPo's. Way too risky.
WHen I plug my shorty batteries into the car, i get like a spark or shock on the negative side when I plug the bullet in.

Oh yea, my batteries arent like puffy or puffed. I'm trying to think of the correct term.

I got a couple 3s puffers I keep on hand for my Tx..what a site, LOL. A 5.2a 3s strapped to the base of my GT3b's!! 🤣🤣 it works.
The rest get run down to zero volts with a light bulb, cut the leads off, then round filed.

I recently picked up a Hota S6. My first "real" charger.. it's working great so far. Never had a charger that read and displayed ir before.. now wish I hadn't looked,LOL. I only charge at 1c for longevity sake. I prefer quantity over quality with batteries, doesn't hurt as much when I loose one..as long is ain't lost to fire..
I recently picked up a Spektrum 8s powerpack for $180. Normally I wouldn't even consider the Spektrum due to price alone but, $180 for 2x4s 100c 5.0a batteries plus an S2100 charger was worth it I felt.. I have a few HH batteries, Dynamite and Spektrum 2s, seem decent. These 4s packs are the G1 smart batteries with seperate balance lead, guessing HH wanted to clean em out before they get too old..regular price was $350!! No way I'd pay that!! LOL

Last edited:
My very first hobby grade RC was a Redcat and it sucked! It didn’t last long ago all. Not a Redcat fan.

My very first hobby grade RC was a Redcat and it sucked! It didn’t last long ago all. Not a Redcat fan.
Redcat is hit or miss, they don't get much aftermarket support, so that's a negative. I hear their crawlers are pretty good. The only basher that I've had a good experience with from them is the Kaiju. It does have some weak points but overall I really like it. It's a fun stunt truck. I find the key for long term use is to run it on 4s, whenever I run 6s, it starts self destructing..

Back