One for SNG....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice job Joe, ur a lucky dog Lloyd, just don't end up upside down or it will probably cost you +5 for a roll over touch, LOL!!!!

They actually roll over real easy, just be ready on the throttle and it wont be a problem.

no its a crawler lid silly.

oh really...hmm...i thought of the 2.0 because of how it gets shorter in the back...anybody know if this would fit the 8ight-t2.0?

great looking lid NC!!

Just a tip on the pics, you need to use alot of non directional light, and no flash. set up a bunch of lamps all around it and shoot it with the flash off.

Yes, ideally an umbrella or soft box set up would have been perfect, however since I don't have any studio photo equipment, that was not an option. Direct lighting, even from multiple locations around the body still would have reflected off the chrome. I did the best I could with what I had available to me at the time.

Joe when spraying that chrome do you back it ? I have never sprayed that from a airbrush I have only use it in rattle can form.

Joe when spraying that chrome do you back it ? I have never sprayed that from a airbrush I have only use it in rattle can form.

Yep, after the chrome dries I back it with a water based black, otherwise it is really transparent.

I have actually thought about using it as a final coat over the windows without backing it for mirror tint.

Yep, after the chrome dries I back it with a water based black, otherwise it is really transparent.

I have actually thought about using it as a final coat over the windows without backing it for mirror tint.

Thanks Joe, I have never backed the rattle can version of that paint. I have also had problems with the paint rubbing off and flaking. Is there a reason you back it with water base (like no solvents) ? I like to use that stuff for grills and bumpers.

I am kinda getting tired of flat black paint jobs and I am looking to buy a airbrush.

I have had issues with it flaking off over time, but I have found if you back the entire body with faskoat after you paint it that it will last much better. Spaz stix says to back it with a water based black, I am guessing it's for the reason you stated, no solvents. So I just follow their instructions.

This one I did for Lloyd, I did the chrome flames first, so that when I did the faskoat with the purple flakes it would seal the flames, then I painted the rest and back it again with more faskoat, it should hold up really well.

Problem with chrome is you can't scuff the lexan first, so it has to adhere to clean shiny lexan, thats why I clean the chrome areas real well with denatured alcohol after doing the masking, and before spraying the chrome.

Nice job on the body, it looks awesome.:D

Last edited:
If its got a pop up flash, make a flash disperser out of aluminum foil and a toilet paper tube. Just line the inside of the tube with foil and tape it off, then cut about 1/4 to 1/2 of the tube off and tape it again, and there you have it. Works perfect for me.