omg its a beast now lol .. help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djmoye

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
:whhooo:hey guys i have a ax-10 artr and i have a super cheap $6 dollar 55t with a 14 tooth pinion. i bought with a traxxas xl-5 waterproof esc and a cirrus cds751 dig high torque metal servo with a losi 2.4 ghz dsm radio from a mini seems to run super slow with ok torque ,, so i decided to try another motor and just so happeneds my friend sold me his axial 27t motor i just put this motor in with my 14t pinion and the truck lifts the wheel off the ground (carpet) is this normal looks as if it still has good torque but has a ton more speed .. would i be better off with a 35t or maybe 45t motor ???? oh and i have a really bad forward glitch when at idle is this due to the esc or the losi control it almost jumps out of its postion while tring to climb if i sit to long .... argggg please help , thanks

You would be better off with a 45 or 35 turn motor for sure, you want wheel speed but not wheelie speed, LOL!! it is a rock crawler not a rock racer. and it is most likely the speed controls internal BEC not supplying enough voltage to the receiver that is causing the glitch. A Castle BEC will help fix this problem by supplying a constant 6 volts at 10 amps when programed to 6 volt, this will also make the steering servo work better as well.

thanks abad ,, ? though so a bec is basically going to stop the esc from drawing to much power from the battery ?? or does it help the radio and servo with power ?? sorry kinda new to the bec thing

The External Castle BEC conects you barrery plug on your ESC, so when plug in your battery it sends power straight to your receiver and the BEC regulates how much voltage and amperage go to the receiver and ultimatly your steering and or dig servo, giving you a full 6 volts if you program it for 6 volts because the Castle BEC is also programable with a Castle link Programer via your computer.