OMFG..long lost relative left me $13 million

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Or not....Are people really stupid enough to fall for a scam like this.

Good day,

I am contacting you in regards to a business transfer of a
huge sum of money from a dormant account. Though I know that
a transaction of this magnitude will make any one
apprehensive and worried, but I am assuring you that all
will be well at the end of the day.

PROPOSITION

I discovered an abandoned sum of US$13,515,000:00 (Thirteen
Million Five Hundred and Fifteen Thousand Dollars)in an
account that belongs to one of our foreign customers by name
Mr. Morrison Mobley. This very account has been dormant for
over 5yrs now. I after my investigations, I discovered that
the account owner has died since January 2000. Since his
death, nobody has come forward to lay claims to this money
and recently a probate order has been issued and as such if
nobody comes for the claim, the account will be declared
unservisable and the funds called to the government
treasury.

In order to avert this negative action, I now seek your
permission to have you stand as a next of kin to the
deceased as all documentations will be carefully worked out
by me for the funds to be released in your favour as the
next of kin.
It may interest you to note that I have secured from the
probate an order of mandamus to locate any of deceased next
of kin. Please acknowledge receipt of this message in
acceptance of our mutual business endeavour by furnishing me
with the following.

1. Your full name
2. Postal address
3. Date of birth
4. Telephone and fax numbers
5. Profession with position

These information will enable me work on the account file so
that you can now apply for the release of the funds as the
next of kin to the account. We are going to share the total
sum on final conclusion of this project on a 50:50 ratio.

If you are truly disposed and capable of handling this with
me, reach me immediately.

Regards,

Godwin Dabou

RobMob, you just inherited $13 million from a relative you were unaware of! Are you going to DisneyWorld now?

Monkey Wrench said:
RobMob, you just inherited $13 million from a relative you were unaware of! Are you going to DisneyWorld now?

Hell no! He is going to buy a High Lift...

Unfortunately I didn't save it, but my girlfriend got one the other day. Like that stupid ass Nigerian dictator scam. But this one was saying the guy was an Iraqi war veteran or something. I got pissed because now these turds are starting to use the image of vets to start scamming people. I'd like to find whoever started it and kick them in the liver.

Found the text:

"Subject: From: Marc In Iraq

Dear Sir,

With a very desperate need for assistance, I have summed up courage to contact you.

Presently working in Iraq with an international organisation that I will disclose to you later, I found your contact particulars in an address journal.

I am seeking your assistance to evacuate the sum of $ 28,500,000 (Twenty eight million, five hundred thousand dollars) all in US$100 bills out of here to a safe country , in as much as you can assure me that my own share will be safe in your care untill I complete my service here. This is no stolen money, and there are no dangers involved.

SOURCE OF MONEY:
During the war, Some money in various currencies was asked to be packed in barrels with piles of weapons and ammunitions at a location near one of Saddam,s old palaces during a rescue operation, and it was agreed by all party present that the money will be shared amongst us, this was quite an illegal thing to do, but I tell you what? no compensation can make up for the risks we have taken with our lives in this hell hole.

The above figure was given to me as my share, and to conceal this kind of money became a problem for me, so with the help of a female UN contact working here , whose office enjoys some immunity, and was able to get the packages(3 in No) to a safe location entirely out of trouble spot, where they have been for the past 8 months, who of course did not know the real contents and must not know, but believes that they belong to an Asian American who died in an air raid, and before giving up, trusted me to hand them over to his business associate in Europe.

I have now found a secured way of getting the package out to Europe for you to pick up, and will discuss this with you when I am sure of your sincerity in this.

I shall be compensating you with 5 Million Dollars on final conclusion of this project, while the rest shall be for me.Your share stays with you while the rest shall be for me for investment purposes.

One passionate appeal I will make to you is not to discuss this matter with a third party, should you have reasons to reject this offer,please destroy this mail as any leakage of this information will be too bad for me.

I do not know for how long we will remain here, and I have survived 2 suicide bomb attacks by the special grace of God, this and otherr easons I will mention later has prompted me to reach out for help, I honestly want this matter to be resolved immediately.

If this proposal is acceptable by you, do not take undue advantage of the trust I have bestowed in you, I await your urgent mail: so we can discuss more.

Respectfully,

Marc Duchene."

Man its just like high school all over... only the cool kids get the messages.
I have never recived a e-mail scam...I guess this is a good thing

FastEddy said:
We must be related!
I got the same message.... Bro!

HB, I have a few garbage e-mails I use for that...I used to get the e-mails at my old job and then forward it to one of the accounts and then just erase the FW at the beginning and mess w/ them...these clowns are so ignorant they don't even catch the fact it wasn't an e-mail they sent anything to......I'd send BS account numbers and names like Frank N. Stein or Barney Rubble.....

Plaidfish said:
HB, I have a few garbage e-mails I use for that...I used to get the e-mails at my old job and then forward it to one of the accounts and then just erase the FW at the beginning and mess w/ them...these clowns are so ignorant they don't even catch the fact it wasn't an e-mail they sent anything to......I'd send BS account numbers and names like Frank N. Stein or Barney Rubble.....

That in a nutshell is what I used to do. I had one believing I was a gangster on the run. I led him along for over a month with fake news clippings, multiple email addresses (that was the fun part - trying to get him to slip up, get greedy and make the same offer twice), and phone numbers to places like the FBI's scammer division (asking for Count Fesse), the girls gone wild order line, and my personal favorite, the phone number for jerry springer's guest line.

That's rather tame compared to what the majority of the people on the site have done. They actually used to have "trophy" contests, where the person that could get their 'lad' (scammer) to pose in the most inane manner possible would win.

And believe me, they'll stoop to no limit to get money out of a person. I had one that pretended to run an orphanage... So I made 'em prove it. He actually hired a village of kids to pose in the picture.

I also got proficient at photoshop - making fake business cards, id cards (seriously distorted with a watermark that would show up if it was used on a different background... like a 2 piece image, of course), and my personal favorite; fake newspaper clippings, complete with the faded reverse text (I used to make fun of 'em in the back-side text). On average, it would take all of about 20 minutes to create from scratch, 5 once the clippings are made.

You would be amazed how sophisticated the scammers are. They work in gangs, usually. The initial mail you get is handled by the lower tiers; as the scam progresses, it gets handed "up the ladder" to a lad with higher english skills (ever notice how their typing improves with each passing email?).

I kind of lost the urge after a while... Just no challenge in it.

Now, I know it all sounds racist, but it really is not; it's an attempt to keep these nimrods from scamming the innocent grandparents out there.

Get one person in a thousand to believe the crap and they have made a lot of money.
Then you have fake ones for ebay, paypal, mastercard.....

These people should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law!

I don't get a lot of spam. 3 or 4 a day? All are from an unknown address.
I just blacklist them in mailwasher before I open outlook express.

It's only the Feds Rob wanting to know your whereabouts

digger said:
Get one person in a thousand to believe the crap and they have made a lot of money.
Then you have fake ones for ebay, paypal, mastercard.....

These people should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law!

I don't get a lot of spam. 3 or 4 a day? All are from an unknown address.
I just blacklist them in mailwasher before I open outlook express.

Here's the problem; prosecution of these scammers almost never happens.

Yup, you read right.

It basically boils down to international law, and the fact that the 419 scam is actually Nigeria's second-highest grossing income (behind oil).

Getting any money back is next to impossible as well, for the same reason above.

The only weapon against these guys is to protect your loved ones, and spread the word as far and wide as you can.

Just found this in my spam box...

DEAR FRIEND.

RE: SWIFT TRANSFER OF US$3 MILLION INTEREST INTO YOUR ACCOUNT

MY NAME IS MR BENEDITH NZERIBE. I AM THE REGIONAL MANAGER OF INTERNATIONAL ZENITH BANK OF GHANA IN THE WESTERN REGION OF GHANA. I GOT YOUR INFORMATION FROM A FRIEND WHO IS A MEMBER OF OUR TRADE MISSION. I WRITE YOU THIS PROPOSAL IN GOOD FAITH. I AM 42 YEARS OLD MARRIED WITH TWO LOVELY KIDS.

I AM A DEVOTED CHRISTIAN AND A MAN OF PEACE. I HAVE PACKAGED A FINANCIAL TRANSACTION THAT WILL BENEFIT YOU AND I. AS THE REGIONAL MANAGER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ZENITH BANK OF GHANA. IT IS MY DUTY TO SEND IN A FINANCIAL REPORT TO MY HEAD OFFICE IN THE CAPITAL CITY ACCRA AT THE END OF EACH BUSINESS YEAR. IN THE COURSE OF THE LAST YEAR 2005 BUSINESS REPORT. I DISCOVERED THAT MY REGION IN WHICH I AM THE MANAGER MADE THREE MILLION US DOLLARS ($3.000.000.00) WHICH MY HEAD OFFICE ARE NOT AWARE OF AND WILL NEVER BE AWARE OF.I HAVE PLACED THIS FUNDS ON WHAT WE CALL ESCROW CALL ACCOUNT WITH NO BENEFICIARY. AS AN OFFICER OF THIS BANK I CAN NOT BE DIRECTLY CONNECTED TO THIS MONEY. SO MY AIM OF CONTACTING YOU IS TO ASSIST ME RECEIVE THIS MONEY IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT AND GET 20% OF THE TOTAL FUNDS AS COMMISSION.

THERE ARE PRACTICALLY NO RISK INVOLVED. IT WILL BE A BANK TO BANK TRANSFER; ALL I NEED FROM YOU IS TO STAND CLAIM AS THE ORIGINAL DEPOSITOR OF THIS FUND WHO MADE THE DEPOSIT WITH MY BRANCH SO THAT MY HEAD OFFICE CAN ORDER THE TRANSFER TO YOUR DESIGNATED BANK ACCOUNT. IF YOU ACCEPT TO WORK WITH ME I WILL APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH. REPLY ME THROUGH MY PRIVATE EMAIL IF YOU THINK WE CAN WORK TOGETHER SO THAT WE CAN GO OVER THE DETAILS.CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY AND ONLY THROUGH THIS EMAIL ADDRESS ( [email protected] )

THANKS IN ADVANCE AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

YOURS TRULY

MR BENEDITH NZERIBE