Old Tamiya Nitro Crusher engine swap

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuka

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i have a old tamiya nitro crusher which i have had for 5yrs now. but the engine isnt preforming as well, when i first got it the engine never went past half throttle and always stalled often. it has come somewhat better but the engine is sluggish to move. so I'm thinking of doing a engine swap as the price here in New Zealand to rebuild is to high and cheaper for a new engine.

any suggestions?? its currently a .15 and thinking of going higher, is it worth to aswell?
https://www.tamiya.com/english/products/43525nitro_crusher/index.htm

Type in .18 nitro engine on google it should come up with hobby King selling a .18 nitro engine for £30!!!!! I've ordered it too.

i will have to check it out. the problem is whether a .18 engine will fit in my old tamiya. also cheap engines may not last long too.

So, figured out what engine to get? Received the hobby King engine and it runs great. Tons of power for a .18

nah but i got a new/used HPI drift nitro car which had a spare HPI g3.0 engine with a smashed piston and rod, ordered a new piston and sleeve kit for it and tidied up the engine insides so will try swap to that engine. it fits the Tamiya's stock mounts but i dont have the correct clutch bell gear or clutch kit for it, so have to see if the Tamiya's one will fit it.

nah but i got a new/used HPI drift nitro car which had a spare HPI g3.0 engine with a smashed piston and rod, ordered a new piston and sleeve kit for it and tidied up the engine insides so will try swap to that engine. it fits the Tamiya's stock mounts but i dont have the correct clutch bell gear or clutch kit for it, so have to see if the Tamiya's one will fit it.
Just curious if the g3.0 engine ended up working with the Terra Crusher? I've been thinking about buying that engine for mine. If so did the stock terra crusher clutch assembly work?

Just curious if the g3.0 engine ended up working with the Terra Crusher? I've been thinking about buying that engine for mine. If so did the stock terra crusher clutch assembly work?
I’m also curious on this I recently got a terra crusher but the engine just leaks and there’s stripped out screws on the engine aswell I just want to buy a brand new engine did either of you get anywhere with installing a different engine if so what parts do I need

Back