Old rebuild need help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robk

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all , looking for some help . I’m rebuilding a nitro truck , I think it’s a 1:10 HSP Brontosaurus . As you can see in the pics very dirty , I know the recover and battery pack are missing . Does anyone know what I need and where’s good to buy from . Also instructions Manuel is missing so if I can get one this would be good .

Any help would be great as new to rc

Attachments

• 4BC4A29C-600E-4E92-AD61-F9863B82B626.jpeg
    4BC4A29C-600E-4E92-AD61-F9863B82B626.jpeg
    687.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 89BE6333-D552-4B57-A93B-AE2D2BFCE064.jpeg
    89BE6333-D552-4B57-A93B-AE2D2BFCE064.jpeg
    342.2 KB · Views: 51
Buy a new Redcat Volcano/Exceed /HSP/Himoto all same truck

Nitrorcx.com. spare parts upgrades. Nitro 1/10 exceed truck

Buy a new Redcat Volcano/Exceed /HSP/Himoto all same truck
Himoto and Iron Track arent the same as the HSP based stuff actually. HSP, Redcat Racing, and Exceed RC all share the same parts, but Himoto and Iron Track are from a completely different design. As for parts, you can source them from Redcat Racing (priciest option), NitroRCX (doesn't always have everything in stock), or, the best option is look on Amazon and eBay. You can find parts under HSP, Exceed RC, Redcat Racing, as well as Hobby Park. For a nitro truck, i would start with Hobby Park, since most of what they sell is way more durable than what HSP, Redcat and Exceed carry. For example, lower arms from Hobby Park are milled aluminum, and the others only carry stamped aluminum, which is weaker. I recently found out that Hobby Park is actually considered an aftermarket supplier for the HSP based stuff.

EDIT: One thing you are definitely going to want to do is upgrade the steering bell crank to aluminum. The plastic one tends to be extremely sloppy, no matter how tight you make it. This is the one i typically use: https://www.ebay.com/itm/224566554908 make sure to use Loc-Tite on the screws.

I have a hobbypark purple chassis its nice

I have one in blue that i picked up for my Redcat Volcano stunt truck build from a few years ago. I still have the chassis, but the truck got converted into a buggy, although, i still have all the original truck parts.
I miss my original 1/8th scale Himoto Torpeda And Rancho Pros, I raced the torpeda lol.