Okay no one's looking

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldfart

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
  4. Boating
Old fart from Texas here, the weather has been cold and windy here in Southeast Texas and I haven't been able to get outside and play but, I noticed Walmart was having a clearance sale on their tiny power craze safaris and the drive 2.0 for like $14 so I went to check them out and sure enough the price had gone down even more to $11 for the 2.0 I couldn't resist so I snagged one to play with but the Safari caught my eye on how nice they look and to my surprise they said they did over 22 miles an hour. These things are a blast and believe it or not they really do have proportional steering and throttle. When everybody stops laughing I just wanted to know if anyone has up graded the battery in them and what size can you put in them? These things are a blast and the price was certainly great. These are the perfect thing for introducing kids to RC. But to be honest they're not so great for the grass but on smooth surfaces they haul butt. I'm no salesman and not trying to represent the company just saying if you haven't tried it don't knock it I think I'm going to go back and clear the shelf at Wally world.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. That's exactly how I got interested in RCs. My driving skills wouldn't allow them a long life however. :eek:
It didn't take long to figure out the importance of researching available parts.;)

LOL.......ok, I'm done laughing, now!

Seriously, it was actually a $15 Power Craze 1.0 from my local Walmart that got back from a 10 year hiatus from rc. Now, I'm back to be a full blown addict, and own more rigs than the number of digits I have on my limbs (fyi, I'm not missing any digits nor do I have have any extra).
That tiny rc was actually a lot of fun around the driveway and in the garage, even though it lacked proportional anything.
While I have plenty of 1/10 and 1/8 scale rigs, I do love my minis 😉 The 2.0 sounds very interesting. I'm going to be keeping an eye out for this Safari at my local Walmart.
1205211410b.jpg

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. That's exactly how I got interested in RCs. My driving skills wouldn't allow them a long life however. :eek:
It didn't take long to figure out the importance of researching available parts.;)
These little buggies are pretty much like a big lighter they're disposable when you're done or just set them on the shelf

They look cool, and the price is right. Buy a few for spare parts.

I've got bigger cars but the weather wasn't permitting going outside so these things cured my itch and I got my fix they're pretty much like the big lighter of the RC world Air disposable when you're done but lots of fun and the looks and functions are impressive again I'm not trying to sell the thing but give it a shot if you don't have one the Safari that is

Only walmart truck I'm after is a 1/6 and its going on the scx chassis I'm building.

These guys are too small. It took my giant hands 30 minutes workibg inside my scx10 transmission!

Yeah they are tiny you need glasses or you go cross-eyed

I can't handle cold weather like I used to so I cured my itch with the 1/24s running on top of my train layout. A pile of tools makes it challenging.

I can't handle cold weather like I used to so I cured my itch with the 1/24s running on top of my train layout. A pile of tools makes it challenging.

Sounds like a fun, inexpensive treat. :thumbs-up:
Speaking of challenges my biggest challenge is trying to catch my dog after she shoves one of those little cars in her mouth and takes off running with it. She's already brought down a couple of my small drones and didn't learn a lesson I have to tie her leash to my table when I fly. I mowed my yard short but around my flagpole I cut an oval track about 50 ft long and 35 ft wide. When my buddies and I are racing she's the track monster and major obstacle. She's learned to jump straight up in the air and let them pass underneath her. Those little bitty cars I was talking about earlier I can just throw a wrinkled up blanket on the ground and it's practically a mountain to climb I'll have to give the tools a try I certainly got bags of them right here near the RC's
Definitely getting my money's worth out of them. $11
Heck I usually spend more than that on a couple of burgers and fries

Last edited:
They look cool, and the price is right. Buy a few for spare parts.
One of the very reasons I love my 24s, we can use them anywhere.
No kidding they're a hoot. I can stick them in my coat pocket.
LOL.......ok, I'm done laughing, now!

Seriously, it was actually a $15 Power Craze 1.0 from my local Walmart that got back from a 10 year hiatus from rc. Now, I'm back to be a full blown addict, and own more rigs than the number of digits I have on my limbs (fyi, I'm not missing any digits nor do I have have any extra).
That tiny rc was actually a lot of fun around the driveway and in the garage, even though it lacked proportional anything.
While I have plenty of 1/10 and 1/8 scale rigs, I do love my minis 😉 The 2.0 sounds very interesting. I'm going to be keeping an eye out for this Safari at my local Walmart.
View attachment 141150
Super sweet collection wait a minute I got to wipe my phone off it's got drool all over it. Really cool

That's hilarious I'm still laughing.!!! I have run over myself before but, I've never crawled myself that is so funny I like your obstacle course there brother. Thanks I needed a good laugh!
Never grow old.
That's hilarious I'm still laughing.!!! I have run over myself before but, I've never crawled myself that is so funny I like your obstacle course there brother. Thanks I needed a good laugh!
Never grow old.
The reason I was laughing so hard is because I thought the first picture was your leg that the car was crawling up I just put my glasses on and seen that it was the couch but I'm still laughing at the idea I'm thinking about going to get my car seeing if I can crawl up my leg to my pocket

Old fart from Texas here, the weather has been cold and windy here in Southeast Texas and I haven't been able to get outside and play but, I noticed Walmart was having a clearance sale on their tiny power craze safaris and the drive 2.0 for like $14 so I went to check them out and sure enough the price had gone down even more to $11 for the 2.0 I couldn't resist so I snagged one to play with but the Safari caught my eye on how nice they look and to my surprise they said they did over 22 miles an hour. These things are a blast and believe it or not they really do have proportional steering and throttle. When everybody stops laughing I just wanted to know if anyone has up graded the battery in them and what size can you put in them? These things are a blast and the price was certainly great. These are the perfect thing for introducing kids to RC. But to be honest they're not so great for the grass but on smooth surfaces they haul butt. I'm no salesman and not trying to represent the company just saying if you haven't tried it don't knock it I think I'm going to go back and clear the shelf at Wally world.
I have done research on some toy grades that I have, and I have all new drive trains waiting to be bought for them, once the Granite stops eating my wallet that is!!!

RCs and wallets go together like a PBJ sammich. It's the nature of the hobby.
Is your Granite the Mega version?

Back