Ok question for you guys I’m not for sure

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRAT

Hardcore RCTalk User
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
So I burned up a brushed motor literally smoking cought fire 🔥 I have few brushless motors to swap it out and a esc thats sensord but motors are not can I use the ESC with them?

My understanding is that the sensored motors are less prone to cogging and that's a good thing. I'm sure there are other benefits.

Thank you guys just wanted to make sure.

Yep, you should be able to. You can also use a sensored motor with a non-sensored esc. It will just react like any non-sensored motor. Castle actually sells that now with some of their bundles. Guess they got tired of supporting multiple motors of the same size/kv, so they dropped the non-sensored and just included the sensored motors with non-sensored esc's.

But your combo should work too. I've run non-sensored motors on my castle MMX (sensored esc) and they work fine. I just don't get the logging data that a sensored motor would give me as well as the super slow crawling speed without the cogging.