ok now I need computer help.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8z2luze

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok I reformatted my computer the other day. I had a new flash drive, stuck it in saved all my stuff to it. Now when I try to open it, it says I need to format it before I can use it!!! WTF?!?!?! That will erase everything on it. It does it on my girls laptop too. I donno what happened.

I am running a file recovery program and its working so far. Thanks guys. It is the same version of XP pro.

NEVER EVER format a drive until you've verified that all your backed up files will run on another computer. I know someone who thought they had it all saved to disk, only to find out too late that everything they saw was in the temp file waiting to be written.
He lost it all.

Good deal, man, I hate computer mishaps. A few years ago, my laptop power supply just popped, and I had *nothing* backed up. That was an eerie feeling, so when I got a new PC, I bought several external drives and DVD packs LOL! Now I have two PCs, one for play and one for work, and if they both went down today, I'd only lose a bunch of crap - all the good stuff is backed up, positively LOL!

Close call man. :)